June 29 - July 3, 2015: GH Continues To Collapse; Hits New Low Again

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Ron is going anywhere. Ratings and quality have been cyclical for all soaps since the first soap hit the air 65 years ago. The show is pretty awful at the moment and ratings in the toilet, but TPTB will probably give Ron a chance to try to fix it. At this point, unless Agnes Nixon or the Dobsons decide to come out of retirement, is there really any unemployed but looking soap writer at the moment who could actually pen a high quality show?

• Members

Cyclical is one thing but Ron's got a whole quarter of lousy ratings on his watch. I doubt he's going to get more than another quarter to fix things before TPTB cut their losses either with him or the show. Of course ABCD might be concentrating more on The View at this point since it's been such a hot mess since Babs left. ABCD has two trainwrecks to deal with at the moment and the only thing that might save RC is that they will probably play triage.

• Members

Forget high quality - basic competence would be a good start. That won't happen with Ron, because he only sees soaps as what he wants them to be, his own personal fantasy and ego trip. He's been that way for at least 5-6 years now (it's one of the reasons the last years of OLTL were a trainwreck), and nothing seems likely to change it.

• Members

Too funny!

Both Frank and Ron need to go. I get Daytime Television will never have the budget it did in the 80s, but basic competency would be nice. The show is a hot mess and finally the ratings, despite a number of vets returning, is showing that the show stinks! Time for Frank and Ron to go! Bring back Wendy Riche!

• Members

I started watching in high school in the 60's yes after high school still watched when I could while working full time and now watch in my 60's. Sorry I was a Scotty and Laura fan so when Luke raped her I could never get behind Luke. I did accept Bobby and Ruby. Lucky lost me when he dumped Liz to take her sister to the dance and Liz couldn't bare to tell Grams. So she went to the park and then was raped. So I never fell into the "Spencer fan club". I was beyond happy when Liz and Jason created Jake best soapy stuff ever but alas they trashed that. So there have been times that watching has been very painful. I liked Sam when she came to the canvas but when they put her with Jason to help Sonny that was over. Now I just deal. I want the show to get back to basics. Get at least 1/2 hospital s/l and then life of the people of the hospital and PC citizens. The clinic is a good start to be part of the hospital portion. They need to really trim the cast and focus on s/l needed characters w s/l's not more people added s/l's if that makes sense. Let's get back to basic soap mat'l.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived