Carlivati vs Logan!

• Members
  1. That said, I am not at all concerned about the future of #GH and am confidant TPTB at ABC will step in and do the right thing.

59 retweets91 favorites
    Retweet59
    Favorite91
    More
  2. @TVGMLogan Confident.

12 retweets44 favorites
    Retweet12
    Favorite44
    More
  3. Yes, Ron, I misspelled a word. Thanks for pointing it out. Now grow up. "@carlivatiron: @TVGMLogan Confident.”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They'd have to actually care to want to sabotage it. I don't buy that at all. I think the networks care a lot less about the soaps than people think. I mean, it's not out of the realm of a network trying to sabotage a show but I don't think that. I just don't see how they'd care that much.

Carlivati is a man-child who's had his ego stroked for way too long. It went to his head, so now any bit of valid criticism he gets pissed off and throws a tantrum. He seems to truly believe he knows the ins and outs, the history and the characters and that he's the best there can be.

• Members

Why would ABC sabotage their own product? They can cancel it any time they want. The producers' and network execs' annual raises and bonuses are tied into ratings points in the key demos. Why would they purposely tank a show and risk all of that? That makes zero sense. I'm sure no one at the network is thrilled with these recent ratings. That being said, the show is a hot mess and needs to be overhauled if their intent is saving it.

• Members

P&G's slow and steady suffocating of their soaps would suggest it's possible. They don't have to work hard to kill it - just keep an egomanacial hack at the helm until ratings are low enough to "justify" canning.

• Members

I've always hated the narrative that TPTB intentionally sabotage soaps. It's not necessary. Soaps sabotage themselves perfectly well. I think GH is safe until they can find a cheap viable replacement but that is the only thing keeping it alive. Even if an alternative doesn't present itself, they will starve this show until the ratings get so low that they can just show reruns of Grey's Anatomy or something.

That is a perfect description. He's an embarrassment.

• Members

I don't think they deliberately try to sabotage the soaps. I think it's arrogance and ineptitude that causes these execs to not listen, to not find and support the right talent for their shows, and to trust focus groups over what their own viewers express and want.

Archived