The Plan to Save DAYS: The 2015 Edition

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But there were 9 soaps 10 years ago. Since then, networks have either switched to non-soap programming or given back the hour to affiliates. The Talk and Let's Make A Deal have proven to be successes. The Chew, well whatever.

Plus we've seen the leaked emails. Corday must be doing whatever it takes, including spending his own money, to ensure his loyal employees can keep their jobs another couple years. I can respect that. Just quit falling asleep at the wheel! You're about to crash.

• Members

With the production shedule,isn't the whole idea that the studio can go dark for weeks at a time?Wouldn't that then make the time between taping and airing shorter?

I agree with Daytime Fan on the need to balance old and new.The trouble is it seems to be all or nothing with Days.The constant sorasing means that young characters are burnt through quickly. The has been little nurturing of the Hortons and Bradys. They should have been top priority.

Even if they were offscreen,characters like Sandy etc should have been kept alive,so that we would know she had children etc so they would be available to join the canvas.

• Members

When was that? Tomlin and Whitesell haven't given a single interview during these three years. I have said this before but they have to be the most anonymous head writing team in soap history.

Am I the only one who like these transition periods? I always think it's fun to see where the old writer was going with the stories and characters while you start noticing the new writers work.

We first heard about the head writer change in February. Most of the limbo time is over, we are only one and a half month away now.

• Members

I don't mind transition periods either.

I think DAYS has been lucky in that NBC has had so many primetime problems. The problems continue (with their news division falling apart)...whether that will help DAYS, I don't know. I hope it does. I don't think the amount of soaps matters much because DAYS has been the only NBC soap for about 7 years now.

I just wish I could be happy about production values. I agree that the show looks too cheap and garish, but I think they just need minor tweaks, not some type of huge overhaul at the expense of everything else. John Conboy is living proof that high production values do not mean quality or ratings.

Archived