lifetime to produce Film about Melrose Place

John

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For all the drama and catfights my darling Melrose Place had onscreen, I never heard of ANY tension behind the scenes, other than a few stars asking for salary increases and being denied (Marcia Cross, Laura Leighton, among others). It'll be interesting to see what they conjure up, and see if we learn anything new, although the facts are always skewed on these.

I can't WAIT to see the casting for this. I bet it'll be worse than Saturday Night Live's parody of MP back in the 90's when Heather Locklear hosted!

Love the shade to MP 2.0 in the article. They're right. It never happened.

• Members

Uh, sure, let's do it! Familiar faces at least. It couldn't be any worse that what Lifetime really comes up with.

Katie Cassidy as Amanda. That one brown-haired schmuck could play Billy. But I draw the line at Ashlee Simpson, unless she briefly portrays Brooke Langton (if they even bother casting her).

Lest ye remember this heinous monstrosity:

saved-by-the-bell-lifetime-movie-first-5

• Members

My fave show and this will be cheesy as Hell but I. CANNOT. WAIT. haha.

I'm sure the salary disputes mentioned above and the lawsuit of Hunter Tylo will probably make it in. I wonder how much will focus on the "near cancellation" until Heather Locklear "Saved The Show".

I don't remember reading anything anywhere either about any backstage "drama" really. Since most everyone (Except Thomas Calabro) did the EW reunion photo shoot thing a short time ago and most seemed interested in appearing on 2.0 I wouldn't think they could have hated each other too badly. LOL

I wonder if they will talk about the backstage hook-ups like Grant Show/Laura Leighton dating.

• Members

I'd rather see the actual MP cast do a tongue-in-cheek "biopic," playing themselves in the "unauthorized story" of their own, hit show.

Barring that...? I'll take Vanessa L. Williams to play the OTHER Vanessa Williams (ex-Rhonda).

• Members

I'd rather a true "documentary" style type show with the original cast members talking about their time on the show. Granted, they probably wouldn't dish dirt but it would be nice to hear what Marcia Cross/Laura Leighton had to say about their salary demands...Heather Locklear being pulled into Hunter Tylo's lawsuit (if she can even talk about it)...what each actor thought when they got certain scripts (i.e. Kimberly blowing up the building...Taylor slamming her face into the door, etc)...how the felt about "the end". Where they ready? Did they still want to go on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

458eff1107ec48813325175f2934b2a9

" data-width="500">

">

These unauthorized Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place casts nailed the 90s look.

Posted by Entertainment Weekly on Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Archived