Days: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we may have seen some Higley-Griffith material inserted into yesterday's show ... specifically, the Kayla-Hope-Aidan scene foreshadowing Aidan's inevitable turn to the dark side and mention of the Salem Bicentennial. Had to be a reason Maggie and Clyde each had one tiny scene in the whole show ... their material must have been cut for new stuff.

Nice to see Doug and Julie again, and interacting with John and Marlena -- though I'm still not sure what J&M's relationship status is, since we've seen nothing happen on screen.

• Members

I'm about a week behind, but I was definitely surprised to read that they actually shot some insert footage months later to place in current episodes. I hope everyone's hair is still the same! Lord knows what Nicole's will look like in 5 months...

Set note: That bay window that was in Hope & Aiden's hotel room pops up all over the place. Jack & Jenn's "In The House" home, Lugano (during Princess Gina), etc.

I wonder if we'll ever see the Aremid/Aremid Duplicate/Craig & Nancy/Mickey & Maggie house ever again, complete with the lovely foyer and 2-story staircase.

• Members

If the new regime does ONE positive thing, it will be to stop having people coincidentally bumping into the other players in their storylines in the middle of the park or at that bench outside the Town Square. I can't even suspend my disbelief anymore. It's never, like, Aiden walking in on JJ and Paige talking, or Hope coming in on Eric and Nicole, or just another Salem resident who might plausibly be walking through these apparently very popular spaces. It's always the third player in the triangle or the henchman hired to get back at them or whatever else. It's ridiculous and so cheap and lazy.

• Members

Absolutely. This is one of the things that drives me bonkers about extremely low-budget times. The coincidences of people bumping into each other is ridiculous, and DAYS is the worst offender.

And reusing the same ol' tired sets over and over for the past 4+ years makes everything day in and day out look the same. So not only do you have characters like Daniel, Jennifer, Nicole, Eric, Serena, etc. rehashing the same shi# ad nauseum, but their very surroundings are the same, whether it's the wall of leaves or the coffee shop. You could replay an episode from April, and I'd probably be about half-way through without realizing it's a repeat.

I'm looking forward to the alleged improvement in production values come September. I don't know how they're pulling it off, but I'll sure appreciate it.

• Members

To me, I wouldn't care about the production values at all..if the stories and day to day episodes were good.

With that said, I'd like a little mixing of the characters. Maybe have nicole hang out with rafe...and they both give advice on their love lives...then have nicole torn over whether to side with Aidan or rafe...considering she's friends with both.

That's just one example I can think of to interact some of the characters without going over budget.

• Members

I just tuned in and saw a few minutes of the show for the first time in years. I saw that a character named Zander was complaining to Brady about not getting his fare share from Victor. Is this Justin and Angelica's son Alexander?

Is he being treated like he was Adrienne's son, or are they recognizing him as Angelica's son?

What is the backstory with him? Have they mentioned Angelica at all? Did they mention that she was Jack's stepmother?

FYI, in case they haven't, Jack used to think of him--or at least tried to--as his little brother. When Alexander was first born Jack was still fighting his connection to the Johnsons. I don't suppose Jen, Abby or JJ have said anything about that?

I hated it when they gave him back to Justin right before Wally Kurth left the show. They brought in a recast Angelica for one day just to give Alexander back. I thought that he should remain with his mother on the run.

Finally, it is worth mentioning that Alexander was the absolute apple of Victor's eye. The main reason (I felt) why they gave him back to Justin, even after the story was neatly wrapped up, was so that Johnny Corelli could impress Victor, which was needed for the storyline going on at the time.

Archived