GH: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

(Almost) everything wrong with what Ron Carlivati's writing has become over the last five or six years of public success can be conjured up in the larger balance of today's GH:

• Y&R star Michelle Stafford, who has only been on this show a year, frontburnered for weeks, crawling around on her hands and knees like an animal and howling about missing babies while Rick Hearst taunts her with a phone app cleverly named "WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
  • Serial killer Franco (OLTL star Roger Howarth), dressed like a Con Edison repair man, having a tearful heart-to-heart with ATWT star Maura West in a cheap Party City wig about her deep dick monkey love for village idiot Morgan, most famous for his performer's offscreen social media crusade against Muslim dog eaters
  • Knots Landing star Donna Mills having a ponderous discussion with plasticine, well-meaning newbie hunk Ryan Paevey about Y&R star Michelle Stafford, then arguing with a deeply bored Kirsten Storms
  • Laura Spencer and Scott Baldwin doing absolutely nothing of note
  • A desperate attempt to try and tie an artful bow on the horrific Fluke arc and the lame, cheap and rushed "final Spencer adventure," as Tony Geary staggers out the service exit with almost no personal dignity left intact but his much-loathed Luke and Laura reunion blocked
  • Morgan and Kiki, doing anything at all

As to other notes:

I love Jackie Zeman, I always have and I always will; Bobbie is one of my favorite characters. But Jesus [!@#$%^&*], she's wrecked her face even worse. She looked much better a couple months ago and it's once again crippled her acting ability. Her crying jag looked like a pumpkin about to explode. Please stop, Jackie! I love you! Call a friend! And Bobbie and Luke's final conversation was far too superficial and greeting-card fodder. But the final moment was sweet.

Also, I don't expect them to do it, but I'll say it once again after today's show - there is no reason not to cast Joey Luthman (Young Luke) as a SORASed Cameron to amp up drama for Liz and her horrible behavior, and possibly Ric's demise. That guy is great. And how fitting that Tony Geary's final days gave him one more young man to share a conspiratorial wink with! No, really, those scenes with those two were actually the best with Luke all episode, which is saying something, sadly. I don't actually mind the angle of Luke simply leaving to rediscover himself wandering the Earth - I think it's one of the few things that fits after the ridiculous and terrible story over the last year, one of the few honest conclusions they could come to with him, and I suspect it is (was) a setup by Ron Carlivati for Luke to potentially, someday, hopefully return enlightened and ready to reunite with Laura. I just wish this entire storyline, not just in the last week but over the last few months, the last year, hadn't been such a [!@#$%^&*] debacle.

According to Ron - I am not making this up - "only the basement" exploded. If he wasn't fired, he'd be blocking you on Twitter right now!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to watch the Bobbie and Luke goodbye scenes. The last moment where Tony Geary quietly tells Jackie Zeman he loves her (and vice versa and yes I mean to use their real life names), was beautiful and showed that the chemistry they always had as brother and sister never, ever dimmed.

• Members

Before Tony started fighting everything positive about Luke, what you wrote about was always his best asset as an actor. He could connect deeply with his partners and his emotion and love was always present as Luke. He could walk the dark side, but you knew where his heart was.

Bobbie, Ruby, Laura, Robert, Holly, Lucky, Sonny, Stone, Tony, Liz, Lulu, Lucy, Robin. He really was a chemistry machine. But I'm happy he is retiring from Luke, because he clearly hates anything that pulls Luke back to his heart.

Archived