B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know why Steffy and carter haven't been tested....and Nicole and Oliver had chemistry..heck it could have been used to fuel Aly's recent reentry to madness land.

The problem with the Brooke character is that Bell refused to evolve the character..or do anything with her other then sleeping around.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh that has to be it bc that hug and acceptance of her as his daughter at the end made no sense considering how vehemently he was acting earlier

Thats not true. Bell DID evolve Brooke. The problem is he had her regress. After Donna came on, the show had Brooke portrayed as more mature as they moved her away from being a simple minded skank. Donna got those storylines. Bell really tried to sell her as the next Forrester Matriarch with Stephaine has her BFF supporting her. Of course that stuff didnt stick

• Members

What's funny to me on this show, is that people think that this is good Soap. BARF. LOL. Maya at this point only [!@#$%^&*]* rainbows. They never bothered to have anyone from the public even notice her, yet this was such a HUGE scandal. LOL. Rick the Great, who never liked Liars is all over Maya like a Honey Badger on a Cobra. Then he HATED Caroline after the "Cheat", then suddenly has a half hearted conversation with Caroline when after the real life accident she limps in. Everyone is LOVING nuts Aly...I think it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen since Angela/Stephanie. What happened to Taylor helping her...Thorne is still in the credits, but hasn't been seen in a year....and.... Deacon (again, characters - who cares?) Hope for the Future Diamond/Quinn/Non Mystery. It's just so STUPID. Wyatt judges anyone Liam dates and can't make a decision about but can't get his OWN GIRL. MOVE ON WYATT. IT'S LOS ANGELES. THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER WOMAN for you out there other than the 1 or 2 your brother is DATING. You don't need to be a WEASEL. LOL. We have BECOME DAYS. GO B&B! LOL.

• Members

She needs to be a little flawed in order for people to want to root for her. I don't really mind Maya, or anything going on, aside from the need for Liam's peen. Clifton is quirky/cute, but Liam is portrayed so wishy washy, I just don't see women falling ass over teakettle over him. He's either packin' some heat down there or has been putting a little something in their water...O_O

I just wish we'd get a little more Dolla Dolla Bill in the Steffy story. Crazy Aly is just full on fun, and a little camp never hurt anyone. As long as they find a way to "heal" her with therapy and keep her around, as I think AP is a pretty good find by the show!

• Members

The story of Maya's "celebrity" status is uneven, and the fallout of the magazine scandal of her "outing" wasn't fleshed out like it could've been. Definitely a missed opportunity after a big buildup.

While others say they don't get the Maya hoopla, I don't get the Caroline/Ridge hoopla, and I hope an interloper soon arrives...

• Members

ITA about Maya - suddenly the things that made Maya interesting (first as a very insecure woman who threw in towel to Caroline, then as the determined woman to get him back, but all of it was based on things we had seen on the show - from Daisy's to Caroline's treatment of her). Now, it's like the whole Rick sidekick and not speaking up about his abusive behavior to others wiped away and she's 'untouchable' as far as criticism because it would be unPC. Are we really to believe that everyone in the Forrester/Spencer clan, except for extremely psycho Aly, is OK and accepting of Maya's transition? The scenes with Lindsey and Karla were fantastic as great drama between two characters who have shared many contentious scenes during the past two years. Was it believable? Not a chance and we know all of the reasons why.

I get B&B wanting to champion Maya and the issue, which is certainly unexpected and a long-needed change from the lily white rich cast, but I'd like to see Maya confront the haters, unsures/uneducated, etc. Couldn't we have a character like Pam not be mean (but she hated Maya for many reasons), be inquisitive at the very least? Has Pam completely forgotten that Maya's portrait replaced her sister's? I know B&B doesn't want to pin a character as a bigot, but it can be written in an intelligent way that reflects that most of the world does not know anyone like Maya and definitely does not understand how all this works and therefore probably has a different attitude. Maya is now in a position of strength with support, so let her address people. I think KM more than can handle it without it sounding like a PSA. We got a small glimpse this past week with her parents, but I'd like to see it with others. Otherwise, I'm really glad to see KM blossom on this show. For 18 months, the writers (and stylists - going the Olivia Pope route was the right call for FC Lead Model!) made her was pretty forgettable.

Archived