B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My one concern, that was Thorne's only kid, once the dust settles, there won't be any reason for Throne to ever come out the basement. Aly could have been kept alive and one of those characters that drops in once in a while to stir trouble than leave. Could end up a case of short term story gain, but long term loss.

• Members

I think that is probably the case. There was so much more story to tell with Aly, I think.

I have to say though, it is endearing in a way that Aly died on the same road her mother died on (almost exactly 9 years earlier!).

• Members

I agree, and it's always a bad idea to kill off a character's only child.

If Steffy had to accidentally kill someone it would have been so much more dramatic and opened so much more storyline possibilities if it had been Hope.... With their history, the long, complicated history of Taylor/Ridge/Brooke, and add to that Rick's part in Phoebe's death, it could be an explosive story that could go on for years.

• Members

Forgot to mention earlier in post about today's episode: BTW - I think the GLAAD influence is going a bit overboard. Did we really need Thorne to fall to his knees at Maya's altar? It's been two months since the word got out and weeks since Maya returned to FC. One would assume that Thorne as a key Forrester would've already spoken to Maya or something. Also, notice only Aly (crazy) and Julius (non-contract and established to be $$$ grabber) are the ONLY two characters that dare not fall into the PC camp. I think B&B is doing a disservice here because no matter how liberal some Californians/Fashion industry people may be, it's not even close to being plausible. I think B&B is missing an opportunity here for some compelling storytelling. Just because someone does not agree/understand/relate to TG community, does not make them small-minded, crazy and/or a bigot. It's an incredibly complex issue that 99.9% of population has not had 'real' exposure. I mean I've lived in big cities (not burbs) had a broad based of eclectic and diverse friends and I've never met a TG person (or at least one that was revealed). By canonizing Maya, they are at risk of boxing her in again - as the boring 'nice' character. She was so much more fun as assertive Maya who was tired of being walked on.

• Administrator

It better be fake out! Aly better be alive. sad.png To kill off Thorne's only child? Come on. Brad Bell could've continued with his social storylines and do youth mental illness storyline. Instead Aly went out like a typical pyscho-soap-character. AP was so good in this role. Too bad Bell wasted her most of the time.

Archived