B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right?? When I heard that, I was like: 4in2ti.jpg

Couldn't they let Charlie wear something other than his security uniform to the big show? :lol: I guess it suits his character. And speaking of Charlie, I think there's going to be some sort of incident where he needs to do a routine check of security footage and spots Aly messing around with Steffy's car in the parking lot. A nail in a tire can happen anywhere so I'm thinking Aly will have had to have been caught on camera.

• Members

"Women who are pure and righteous"

Rick: "Women who are dead and righteous" LOL

I liked the Ivy and Aly flashbacks today. Good use of recent history

AP did great work today. Aly was reciting the Commandment "thou shalt not steal"....Im glad Steffy through it in her face with "thou shalt not kill" with her twisted morality.

ECYWZt9.gif59yUnqd.gif

Oh sh-t, she actually took a swing at her

• Members

Ivy to the rescue. I liked it when Liam tried to rush to the rescue and Ivy basically told him to stand down and wait at the mansion because she won't need him for this.biggrin.png Women banding together to help each other and it's about DAMN TIME that one of these remaining soaps got it right. I mentioned this in the Y&R survey I filled out and lo and behold, I see an example on today's B&B. Talk about kismet!wub.png B&B is at least not insulting their main demographic, women! At least someone is in the 21st Century!

Rage seems to run in the Forrester bloodline. Both Thorne and Rick could sit down and have a talk with Aly about the destructive consequences of taking rage out on someone else.

Does this mean less screen time for Aly to be off at an institution? Or will there be an onscreen therapist? Didn't Hillary Bailey Smith play a therapist a few years ago? I was taking a break from B&B at that time but I thought I read about it somewhere.

• Members

Today's show was great. JMW and AP did great work today. I was not expecting Aly to swing that tire iron at Steffy. I do feel bad for Aly, her entire family failed her IMO.

Zende said he was at Darla's funeral. Was he? I don't remember him being there.

• Members

JMW again is truly underrated as an actress - she really played those scenes so well - no chewing or anything. I do wish Steffy would throw the Phoebe thing in Aly face again, especially since it was a car crash.

The only family that failed Aly is Thorne - shipping her off to LA, no check-ins, no ongoing therapy, allowing Aly to end his relationship with Taylor (again), etc. The rest of the clan has been more than patient with her and basically being bullied into giving her a voice in the business, which she doesn't deserve. Steffy and Ivy both reached out to Aly many times, but she was too far gone.

BTW - during the past two months, AB has looked fantastic and I love the confidence they are finally giving her character - it's about time. Telling Liam to take a seat and wait for Steffy was a definite highlight.

No clue if Zende was there or not, but it is plausible and I thought it was a clever to have Zende participate in the story in a way that the other could not.

Overall, I have to say this Aly arc coinciding with the new line, fashion show and Raya's engagement really did pay off. The bottom line is that Nicole ended being a character with a better future on the show than Aly. (It has nothing to do with the actor because AP and RE are both quite skilled.)

• Members

Aly is related to so many of the characters, that finding someone for her to date is difficult. The thing is Aly should be viable even if she has mental problems. I wish that they allowed someone who wasn't glamorous be a major character. I had hoped Aly would be that character, but alas it doesn't seem like that will be.

• Members

She's not related to that many men on the show. Zende is the only one the only one close to her age and he was only just added. Her bf, Oliver and all the other guys in that age range are viable as she isnt related to any of them

• Members

Well, Aly is pretty repressed. Just kidding, Aly is not even 21 yet, although watch...Aly's going to be totally loose when she hits the legal drinking age.tongue.png

So Ian Buchanan it is. Taylor's old lover, oops, then again didn't Stephanie get along him (or was that the real life actors)? Maybe Aly would too.

It's late, don't judge me.

• Members

Knowing B&B structure, I doubt they'd make us endure therapy session for basically a "C" level character who has no 'real' love interest, not part of triangle, etc. It will all happen offscreen. Honestly, there really isn't much they can do with Aly unless she fills that crazy role that Pam did several years ago. Quinn already gave her a makeover, she had her little Medieval storyline, etc., they tested her with Liam when she first came on and that what both weird and awkward (cringing at those tennis scenes).

Archived