B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha…it was a good episode but Dad is totally using Maya to get the Forrester money…LOL…the slow walk pass Maya and hoping she'd stopping them from leaving….and then when she didn't ….he came back and spoke that garbage about her…LOL. And Maya bought it. Mama was in total shock and had the WTF looks…LOL

She was shocked…thats the acting Horsford was doing….like I posted on Cheap's post…the mother was like WTF is going on….LOL….her facial expressions to her husband accepting Maya was priceless…LOL

• Members

Totally. Horsford was playing all her scenes perfectly. There wasn't a hint of sincerity in the final scene (on Julius side). However, I thought the discussion Maya and Julius had prior to the end was grounded and realistic. (OK, let's be real, there'd be a lot of screaming and shouting. :)) B&B is following through and producing compelling human/family drama. Also, even though she has repeated it three or four times during the past two weeks, I like that they had Nicole own up to her treatment of Maya and WHY she behaved that way. RE has been a natural almost from Day 1. She is intriguing and has amazing presence that her stories won't be tied to Maya for much longer. I hope Wyatt ends up in her orbit again.

• Members

Who wrote Monday's script? The May scenes felt like a Patrick Mulcahey script; but the Zende scenes were not only painfully acted but horribly written. Those scenes were some of the worst writing/acting I've seen in a long time on the soaps. But everything about Maya's scenes were primetime. Oba rocks this plot.

• Members

It was indeed refreshing to see 2 shows focused on Maya and her parents...

I'm just wondering where Dollar Bill is because I wonder if he's gonna have any interaction with them, since he outed Maya's secret......I can see Julius threatening him in some way or blackmailing him to get money....

• Members

It's funny, I deleted my slam on Zende (and, sorry, he is a horrible actor). What was the point of making Zende all judgmental about Nicole (an adult) wanting to stay in LA? It was very weird with Zende obeying his parents because they 'saved' him - almost as if they owned him - there were weird connotations that rubbed me the wrong way

• Members

But they are his PARENTS and parents and children don't always agree. There's appreciative and there's being incorporated into a forever family. It almost sounded like a 'guest' or 'sponsorship' the more I think about it. I'm sure some of it rubbed me the wrong way because the actor is not good. Hopefully, he'll bet better fast - I don't want to see RE brought down by this dude. I'm become a huge RE stan and make no bones about. I just discovered that only turned 18 shortly before joining the show. I'm going to enjoy watching her as long as B&B can hold her.

As far as today, I loved Viv and, especially, Nicole calling out Julius. It's completely believable that Maya would fall for this because she has wanted acceptance particularly from her father her whole life. At the same time, it's been years since she's since him, so the other two knew the real score immediately.

I really love the FC meeting. It's a creative way to bring in a nice chunk of the cast and have them interact just in that forum, followed by a couple of minor scenes to keep the individual character stories up-to-date. There is a lot of energy when you bring them forth. I'm looking forward to the fashion show and, of course, what Aly/TalkingHeadDarla have planned.

• Members

Its obvious dad is looking to cash in since he has no job. I thought Maya was smart enough to see through but I guess not.

The way Rick is now being written is awful. He is now squeaky clean…he completely has changed….yeah right…whatever…not buying the bull.

I floved Dollar Bill today and his lines….calling Liam wishy washy……LOL

• Members

I see where you're coming from, but I think it's different in his particular set of circumstances given how old he was at the time of adoption and the fact that his parents-to-be returned to the states, then returned to Africa because they couldn't get Zende off of their minds. I can totally understand how a kind, grateful child would go out of his way to be "good" just as easily as I can understand a child in the same situation going to the opposite extreme of rebellion for whatever personal emotional issues.

That said, I think Zende's portrayer is better than several actors hired on FV's watch at OLTL and GH, and over at DOOL in recent years. Actors who have had longer tenures than this newbie. I don't think he's bad, and they do give him (and Nicole) some corny lines. We'll see...

Archived