DAYS: Actress Returns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She doesn't look old, she looks too old for Belle. They had her acting old, too. She was more like a haggard, world-weary middle child between Sami and Belle, than Belle. Having said that, it's been so long that I think I will be able to accept her. Maybe.

• Members

LOL. We get it. Martha's too old for Belle. It's moot at this point imo. She's playing Belle and that's how it is. Belle now has a teenager. Can we move on? Sorry Slick, love you, but Martha looks amazing. She brings a level of maturity to Belle. Do you want Storms back screeching it up? Or some non-actress in the role? Madison killed it during John's death in 2007 (and he should have stayed dead).

• Members

The one thing that salvaged MM for me was that everyone around her was so terrible that it made her look good by comparison. Charity Rahmer was just the absolute worst and I never liked Kirsten Storms at all. Why do so many people want Storms back as Belle?!

On top of that, I also really never cared for Farah Fath or Jason Cook so I rooted for MM/Belle over FF/Gigi. With the returns, it's Shawn that I'm really not looking forward to seeing. Because of Jason Cook's portrayal (and Brandon Beemer's who I also didn't like at all), Shawn came off even more childish and bratty than Belle ever was and she was SUPPOSED to be the childish bratty one! And then there was godawful Willow who was thankfully just a flash in the pan. And Kyle Brandt, who was gorgeous, but unlikable and unsettling as Phillip.

All of that made me OK with Martha Madison. I know she was too old for the role but I don't see what was so terrible about her although I'm sure I'd dislike her more if she hadn't been surrounded by so many putrid actors that made her look like Vanessa Redgrave. She wasn't great, far from it, but everyone around her was like 10 times worse.

• Members

I don't understand why everyone thinks she is too old. When she was on she wasn't supposed to be playing a teenage belle she was in her 20's and that's how she played it. She had great chemistry with all the right people.

I think her return is a good thing there are so many possible storylines for her and Shawn. Just bring back Phillip too and let her have a female friend her own age and its all good.

Archived