Lifetime Strikes again with BTS film about 90210

John

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Scott was such a non-entity, I had to try to remember how he was written out. He was erased from my mind by the time I clicked on the next episode.

I don't know if an unauthorized Lifetime movie would exactly mean much in terms of social commentary on guns right now but perhaps it would have been something nice.

He didn't matter enough for that to be the case with me! Although David seems to have "cooled" it with all that following Scott's death.

• Members
I thought the Melrose Place one was really boring.

What did we learn about the cast?
– Josie Bissett wanted Jane to be a bitch
– Thomas Calabro felt that he was a better actor than the rest
– Marcia Cross was the most professional actress
– Laura Leighton wanted to become successful without stepping on anyone's toes
– Amy Locane didn't click with the audience
– Doug Savant desperately wanted Matt to have a kissing scene on screen
– Grant Show was shallow
– Andrew Shue didn't want to be an actor
– Courtney Thorne-Smith suffered after breaking up with Andrew
– Vanessa Williams was fired
– Heather Locklear was a bitch on screen, but the sweetest thing in real life

It's not like we didn't know that before.

And then the obvious mistakes like continuity errors and showing scenes that didn't happen – for example, Laura's first scene did not take place in the courtyard; Josie was shown watching the explosion from the studio, when in reality she was part of the scene; Kimberly didn't tear off a strand of her hair before ripping off her wig; Matt's kissing scene didn't take place on a bench and there was no car approaching the two guys.

• Members

Because of copyright reasons they were probably not allowed to re-enact scenes from the original shows and had to twist them somehow by changing the settings and the dialogue.

There were several other "fake" scenes on the 90210 one, like the "Winter Dance" (originally the "Spring Dance") which was incorrectly labeled as the season 1 finale.

They also forgot to mention that besides Brandon, Brenda, Kelly and Dylan dolls, there was also a Donna doll. Strangely enough, "Tori" wasn't even present in that scene in the movie when the PR guy told the cast about the upcoming doll line.

They should have at least included Scott, Cindy and Jim during the scene when they showed the pilot reading with the whole cast at the Spelling mansion. It was weird that only 7 actors were depicted to take part in this, considering the pilot featured a lot more characters.

Archived