Daytime Firsts

• Members

In response to your ATWT question, I believe it is. I know AMC was the first to show two females kissing. I remember when Luke and Noah first kissed, I was surprised to see it. I don't remember if it was spoiled beforehand, or maybe I just wasn't reading spoilers at that time. In any case, Luke and Noah did become tame compared to the kisses of Luke and Reid.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First show to change formats 'The Doctors'.From a daily/weekly anthology to ongoing serial.

First soap to have a movie length primetime premiere 'Loving' 1983

First character to crossover to a show on another network, Mike Bauer from The Guiding Light to Another World 1967

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked it too..well the idea of it. The execution was typical McTrash...making like it was a joke that Rick, screwed his dad's best friend, who was like an uncle to him, not to mention that Blake was raised for a good part of her life as Ed's kid and would think of Rick as a brother before anything else...(I know that Long ignored that when she brought Blake back but it would have been interesting to see Rick struggle with this vixen woman who married both his best friend and his cousin and made their life hell..) I thought the should have gone with the Ross adopts the kid an then when he was a teen the crap hits the fan. I also liked the idea of Ross and Blake being one of the only soap couples who had three children that were born to each of them...they could have been a new core family but for some reason Wheeler and Krazy Kreizman felt the Coopers were the way to go.

• Members

First Canadian soap on network TV Moment of Truth NBC 1965

First soap to be based on a movie/book The Egg and I CBS 1952

First soap to broadcast a primetime episode Return to Peyton Place NBC January 1973

First time all 3 networks ran a soap in the same time period 1968 AW (NBC) Secret Storm (CBS) and OLTL (ABC) all aired at 3.00 pm

• 3 months later...
  • Members

They never really explained if they were clones (like, actual, biological clones) or just a bunch of people with plastic surgery or WHAT, did they?

God help our souls if Carlivati ever gets his hands on this show, because you know this is exactly the type of [!@#$%^&*] he would dig up.

Archived