Daytime Firsts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mistake. So LOL holds that title alone.

TGL did have Reverend Keeler in the cast in the early 50's but he was not the focus,

The Cradle Will Fall was the first TV movie to use daytime characters.

First TV movie to use and promote soap actors - Fantasies ABC 1982 John Gabriel,Peter Bergman,Stuart Damon,Robin Mattson and Robert S Woods all appeared.

$T2eC16hHJIUFHHWl0HWlBSMMthrUtg~~60_57.J

• Members

First show to be cancelled and return The Clear Horizon. Cancelled in March 61 and returned Feb 62.

First real life death to be written into the story Theo Getz Papa Bauer GL 1973

First 'feature length' premiere How To Survive a Marriage 90 min Jan 74

• Members

Actually I'd give that one to Love of Life. I've seen a 1953 ep of GL and 1953 ep of Love of Life. GL's set was all well furnished and polished looking like I Love Lucy at the time. LOL on the other hand just had some furniture on a sound-stage with hanging pictures from the ceiling...

• Members

I can tell you all how often I've been looking for Fantasies on YouTube. The Robin Mattson scenes were enough to interest me.

Placeholder, First Soap to Earn a TV Guide Cover. I believe it's As The World Turns, 1971, but the magazine's website features every cover, and, well, it's worth verifying, and checking out the rather melodramatic shots from the '50s, like this one of Janis Paige: http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/archive/suboffer/1950s/1956/19560128_c1.jpg.html

• Members

First Academy Award winning best actor to appear on a soap - Jose Ferrer. Best Actor in 1952 for Cyrano de Bergerac. Appeared on AW in 1982.

First Academy Award winning best actress to appear on a soap - Elizabeth Taylor Best Actress in 1960 for Butterfield 8. Appeared on GH in 1981.

First Academy Award winner to appear on a soap.Gale Sondergaard. Won best supporting actress in 1936 for Anthony Adverse. Appeared on The Best of Everything in 1970.

Archived