Y&R: June 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Dylan has been a fail of a character. IMO, it is mostly because of the writing. He is perfect and good and righteous...that makes him totally annoying. It doesn't help that Nick has been written even worse than normal to make Dylan appear the better man. Give this guys some faults that may not come from a noble place and he would be more interesting.

If they do make Sage crazy, at least she won't be a bore. I think that they might be about to move her on from Nick though. That pairing has been a fail and I think JFP has learned not to keep her pets in failed pairings hoping it takes off. I think she is going to be the third in Chelsea and Adam's romance.

I think that people do care about Lily and Cane's marriage. Well let me restate that. People care what Lily does one way or the other. I am finding that she is a very polarizing character.

Is Ashley about to get hooked on pills? or get sick with a brain tumor or something? Whatever it is, I am sure it is designed to facilitate a triangle between her, Abby, and Stitch.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's been no lead in. One day they showed her with pills, then the headache. huh.png

What did my buddy call this show? "The Point Plot and the Irrelevant" Pretty much sums it up, huh?

And ratings keep going up! Like, WTF! Are people tuning in to see the trainwreck, because they can't honestly believe this is a show worth watching - or coming back to watch.

• Members

ITA about Jessica Collins today. She brought it.

Angry Michael is on my last nerve. Why is Paul following Kevin's lead? I know Kevin's ideas have merit, but why doesn't Paul have the brains to do these things himself?

Insta ill Ashley...c'mon now..ree dic u lous!!!!!!!!

King UpChuck needs to go. Yesterday.

• Members

Well I guess I have a problem with that attitude as well. Soaps aren't Breaking Bad or Mad Men but they have entertained millions of people for decades, including my grandparents, my mom and me. If he and his wife are so disdainful of soaps maybe he should get a job doing something classier. If he lives on the east coast it's about the same flight time to London and it is to LA. He could try out for a part in the Royal Shakespeare Company. Orange Julius Caesar anyone?

If he really has a problem taking the lead in a love scene he should hand the reins over to SC who has been on top of some mighty fine looking actors in her day.

Hi Cruising.

Speaking of history, Ashley has had breast cancer hasn't she? They probably won't mention that, but she should be scanned to make sure this isn't a recurrence, because the way they're writing the show these days it's for sure a brain tumor.

• Members

That was the response he gave at a PA when fans were pushing him about what his wife thinks about his love scenes. At the time they had two children and she was in college, so she probably did have better things to do.

I've never heard anything about Mrs. SBu being disdainful of soaps. There's a lot of territory between not wanting to watch your husband swapping spit with scene partners and being disdainful of his job.

Archived