B&B - June 2015 Thread

• Members

Ew... no. Just no.

And surely Toups was referring to Steffy/Liam/Hope.

I don't think so. The ratings have been going up steadily for years now. It's hard to credit the uprise to a couple or storyline. The ratings are up. It is what it is. The rest is speculation.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wyatt hasn't even been on a date with Steffy and his desperation to hold on to her (by agreeing with Quinn's plan) is just sad and pathetic.

Ivy's desperation was also sad but in another way. I feel bad for her, Liam is slipping away.

I think it was better if TPTB waited at least a couple of episodes with the actual wedding though. Why rush it now with no one around instead of having a slightly bigger one at the end of the week with Steffy watching them?

• Members

No, they were pushing towards 4 million during May, nearly the same as back in January. Overall,I feel like they've had a very consistent ratings year. I don't follow ratings much until I see it retweeteed, and I saw one from Michael Fairman.

I've tuned out the last week, I'm just not interested in this "quad" nor how Liam is acting like he didnt love Ivy. For all his talk about protecting women, he is an emotionally abusive prick.

• Members

I don't have that much of a problem with the storyline, I only wish Bradley learned how to juggle more storylines at a time. There's no reason for so many characters being off canvas for two weeks or over just because something else took his attention.

• Members

I believe it's more of the 19 minutes a show - if there are too many storylines happening at once, they would take forever to play out or be difficult to follow for casual viewer. From a production and practical standpoint, I get why the show has to work this way. It can be an advantage - for example the huge flop Drunk Brooke s/l, which probably was going to take us through May, was snipped by mid-March - to fill that time, they turned focus on Deacon/Quinn, not great, but far better than watching a bad story drag the show down. Unfortunately, that kept Quinn/Deacon off the show for weeks.

• Members

Quinn: "It doesnt matter what Steffy's feelings are for Liam, bc he's about to be off the market." She's been around long enough....when has that ever mattered?

I cant beleive Liam married Maple. She's so boring and bland and is no Steffy or even Hope. There's literally no passion in their relationship and she's always been a rebound chick. A place holder

Funny Bill Bell used to handle more than one story effortlessly and there was a time when Brad Bell could as well

And one of the reasons why the drunk Brooke flopped was bc they went to fast. There was literally no build up. All of a sudden she was an alcoholic and they breezed through it without giving it proper set up. It was doomed from the getgo bc they didnt take their time with it, so IDA with you here.

Deacon and Quinn? Typical Bell to do these quickie rushed marriages with no followup. Justin/Donna, Whip/Taylor, Bill/Katie....it's his MO

• Members

Has anyone noticed the not-so-subtle changes in the way The Vine is being written and AB is playing her? There is definitely an undertone of manipulation there and how many times did we hear 'Liam always rescues a damsel in distress' and "You know, I always follow the rules." Something tells me that Liam is going to need Calamine lotion (and my NEW name for The Vine) because there is something poisonous going on here. When Liam wondered why INS is hunting down someone like Calamine, it struck me that perhaps, she wasn't hunted down..... Oh, and Calamine and Steffy both look way too good for the Spencer mopes. BTW - How did $B and Quinn create someone who looks like Wyatt? :)

• Administrator
That would've been an interesting twist having Ivy planned this as a fake deportation just to get Liam to marry her, if they laid the ground work of her being manipulative (say during Paris and Amsterdam location shoots). It seems like Brad Bell will be writing Liam/Steffy as the "rooting couple" and Ivy as the third party, where as before it was Hope/Liam as the "rooting couple" and Steffy as the third party.

• Members

Exactly. I think they are taking the 'easy' way out by making Calamine the 'evil' one - because for the most part - women are either 'evil/psychotic' or 'saints' on B&B. I just don't think AB is long for the show - they are making her look way too much like JMW in some scenes - it's very SWF. It would be a darn shame if she isn't at least given a shot with multi-dimensional material - she has been written way too bland since she came on board.

Archived