Beverly McKinsey 1992 Interview

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

rofl awesome interview!

Ahhh stupid JFP.

Her Alexandra was one of my favorite characters. Tho Marj Dusay is also one of my favorite recasts. At least in her first stint. Luckily they didnt hire a blonde bimbo.

• Members

Soaps back then were able to do re-shoots and retakes which doesn't happen at all anymore.

I love that P&G let her write her own contact, and forgot about it, and it ended up screwing them over. Bev was a class act and a hugely iconic figure in the P&G soap universe, that's for sure.

• Members

I am glad she didn't quit in 1978 like she wanted. I would never have seen her brilliant work on GL otherwise. I never did see her on Texas or Another World. Ive always been a CBS viewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xM6UN2FcA

Here are her final scenes of the day with Vincent Irrizary. Youtube has the rest of her final day available too..

• Members

Her last airdate was August 17, 1992

Ratings for her last episode…funny the ratings went up the week after she left….I think she left at a good time…GL was going down the tubes with JFP as EP….I didn't find the show as great

August 17-21, 1992

HH

1. Y&R 8.6/30

2. AMC 6.8/23

3. ATWT 5.8/21

4. B&B 5.7/19

5. GL 5.3/19

6. GH 5.2/18

7. DAYS 5.1/17

8. OLTL 5.0/18

9. AW 3.8/14

10. SB 3.3/12

11. LOV 2.5/9

• Members

I love reading articles where a person makes it clear that they have absolutely nothing to prove. It seems that she really gave it her all but at some point she didn't feel like doing that anymore (especially if she felt she wasn't being listened to), so rather than B.S. her way through or let herself be ground down, or exhibit passive aggressive behavior, she just walked away from it.

That was a clever lady.

I bet JFP cannot honestly talk about that to this day because it makes her look careless. McKinsey dotted all her "i" s and crossed all her "t" s and was meticulous in her exit and did it with a flourish, while JFP, no doubt was left open mouthed and flat footed (LOL).

I love it! I only wish we could have some re-enactment or something. If only someone of means cared about the history of daytime soaps, we could get a 5 part documentary series and Beverly could be part of the section entitled "Matriarchs & Divas in the Afternoon".biggrin.png

Archived