Blood & Oil: Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Blood & Oil

Billy and Cody Lefever dream of a new life beyond their working class roots and move to The Bakken in North Dakota, booming after the biggest oil discovery in American history. Theyre soon pitted against a ruthless tycoon who forces them to bet big and put everything on the line, including their marriage.

Starring Don Johnson as Hap, Chace Crawford as Billy, Rebecca Rittenhouse as Kelly, Delroy Lindo as Tip, Amber Valetta as Carla, Scott Michael Foster as Wick, India De Beaufort as Jules, Yani Gellman as AJ and Caitlin Carver as Lacey.

Written by Josh Pate and Rodes Fishburne. Executive producers are Tony Krantz, Josh Pate, Rodes Fishburne, Drew Comins, and Don Johnson; produced by ABC Signature.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ooooooooooooo definitely agree with you on the Dallas tone... looked how that worked out for Dallas 2.0.... (R.I.P). But it just isn't there and sometimes I want to shake execs for greenlighting these series because all I see is epic fail written all over it.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I was interested because, obviously, soap opera/Dallas/oil

Then I learned massive failure Cynthia Cidre was showrunning it

But, WAIT -- she's been kicked out as showrunner before the show even started! 

The show may have a chance now... unless it gets canceled before the showrunner switch takes place.

Who on Earth would give that bitch another gig?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I see a Stetson so of course I'm gonna check this out. However, as I look at that cast, all I can think of is, who can we get to replace at least 3 of these people? That picture does not wow me at all and neither does trhe promo. Lots of sex scenes does not guarantee a successful show. I don't see substance and Crawford on the same show. 

Archived