April 27 - May 1, 2015: DAYS and B&B Up in Women 18-49 Demo

Toups

• Members

Do people really think just because a few talk shows didn't make it - that they'll save Days and GH?? Just because ABC and NBC won't take that chance? The Revolution sucked but The Chew is still on. On CBS - the God awful Talk and Let's Make a Deal sure are beating other shows now. If you think 5 or 6 hours of the "Today Show" marketed however they want to - is not in NBC Executive Management's heads right now is not possible...I don't even know what to say. Instead of calling it "The Today Show" they'll just call it "2 Hours with Hoda and Kathy Lee". Add another hour in....bye Days. And with GH - if you think ABC would NEVER consider cancellation of GH because it's the darling of all of Daytime....it's over. GH has horrible demos and only the household ratings are barely propping it up. Everything us ATWT and GL and AMC fans argued...and you're the very ones who told us - only the demo matters. Your HH rating doesn't matter. Well - now both of yours are bad. So good luck.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

P&G works to save their shows too. LOL. Sony is a company - it's all about the bottom line. It's not about sentimental value anymore. We all thought the same thing as well - from a P&G soap fan. We all thought the same thing. They'll find a market - they won't just let the actors go and let the show die. For ABC/Disney. Disney- they're a family company - sentimental. They would never cancel a show. Y&R has ratings on their side right now. Days does not. I just laugh when I see people posting things like...CBS is looking at Days because it's Sony. CBS - I can tell you - will be the last network EVER to look at Days. They've replaced Soaps VERY successfully with an awful game show and the Balk (Talk). They're not interested in Days. ABC would not pick up a show that is lower rated than any of their soaps has ever been when they cancelled that particular show. GH should be thinking the same thing. Would NBC really cancel DAYS and then pick up GH? Would ABC even do that and then allow that? CBS would never be interested in GH. It's lower rated than any show it's ever cancelled...and lower rated than anything it airs at any part of the day all around.

• Members

It's called sarcasm. Because P&G talked out of both sides of their mouth. So someone found an email in Sony's email leak - that someone talked about wanting to save Days. And Sony will talk publicly and so will NBC about wanting to preserve Days and finding another market for it. ABC/Disney will do the same thing...I'm sure you'll read all about how they want GH to continue on for another 50 years. P&G did the same thing. They would say publicly they were all about preserving their daytime tradition.

Well they weren't. That's what the comment was about. At one time P&G was all about saving their soaps and finding other markets as well. Well Sony and ABC/Disney won't be any different. Just keep on believing. The only 2 shows that really have tried to find an alternative market were OLTL and AMC - and it didn't work. And their ratings were higher than both Days and GH...and in certain demos - that's ALMOST true when they went to the Internet.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived