Michael Logan interview with Pratt and JFP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not watching any of the shows anymore, but did they really acknowledge not writing for the black cast members because ONE of the members of "that group"(eyeroll) is pregnant in real life? Is this character the only black character on the show? And since when has being pregnant impacted anything. They wrote for AH up until she left for her maternity leave at over 8 months pregnant(an actress they could have sidelined) with no issue yet they can't write for the Winters because ONE of them is pregnant.

I have to say for someone who some have claimed has primetime credentials(and why does this matter), he's utterly clueless. What shows in primetime were hits this year? Yep shows that centered on diverse casts. Empire was the biggest success story. Idiot. These two should be fired pronto.

• Members

This is what Jill wanted when she thought getting Pratt would help her keep her primacy vs. an old Bell hand, and this is what Jill wrought. I knew it would happen. It's only a matter of time before he ices her out, too. Listening to her weakly compliment Pratt's terrible stories and let him put down the lame ones she spearheaded (Dylan/Avery, etc., Michael's nut cancer) is hilarious.

I can't believe they think "Victor did it for his family" will work this time. And it's clear they were utterly uninterested in addressing any kind of rape accusation with the doppleganger story. I just wish Logan showed this kind of testicular fortitude when talking to Ron C. (who even Jamey Giddens appears to be becoming critical of).

• Members

You see how he tried to trot out the budget excuse? So pathetic. Its 100% obvious why they're back down to 1-2 episodes a week and it has nothing to do with a damn budget. Its also obvious why Jess Walton is never on anymore and why Camryn Grimes went from front burner in the young set to playing second fiddle to (let me borrow from Carl here) anti-chemistry Melissa Ordway. This guy is a clown, and I agree with Vee, I said it from the moment he got announced that he's going to be JFP's undoing. He's either going to push her out himself or when his writing reaches that unwatchable apex it always does she's going to end up getting a pink slip right along with him.

• Members

I think Melissa Ordway has some genuine comic talent, in doses. I don't think she can handle being the frontburner leading lady Pratt and Pratt Jr. want her to be.

And Hunter King is IMO very talented but also very raw - she can't handle being the only major young heroine in town, crying and screaming and constantly in danger or adored. That's why you need Camryn Grimes, to offset her and shoulder half of the load. Grimes also happens to be the show's best young lead, period.

• Members

...did these fools say that the Jack doppelganger story is going to last for...how long? Did they say months?

Oh well, more time in the evening to read or watch Netflix and/or You Tube from now on.

@dmarex- I think delusional is the most succint, yet kindest way to describe those two.

• Members

So Pratt uses Mishael's pregnancy and budget cuts to explain why ALL the black folks airtime has been cut?!!!??

So they had to make choices and popular Hevon must take a back seat to every white character, even the unpopular ones. Cause there is no drop in airtime for Stitch/Abby. So what? They took the money they would spend on all the black characters to double down on Victor and Jack!?

• Members

JFP getting canned along with Pratt would be the only good to come out of his hiring. She has gone through three sets of HWs in 4 years. How she she's still around astounds me. It's never good for a soap to go through so many HWs in such a sort period of time, especially Y&R, which for most of it's run, only had 1.

Archived