Netflix: Grace and Frankie

YRBB

• Members

This looks absolutely adorable. Just based on the cast, there's no chance I'm missing it. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin look fantastic. And YES to fabulous, over-60 actors getting to do something like this. I really hope it's good and, as promised, honest.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Watched the first eppy, and this was so wonderful! Tomlin is certainly going to be the MVP of this show, but Jane Fonda just looks [!@#$%^&*] fantastic! She, Helen Mirren and Nichelle Nichols are my Chicks Over 100 yrs old girl crushes. They are just defying everything. Jane certainly had some face work done, but she doesn't look like she belongs in a wax museum. Her body is insane!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Finished the first season a couple of weeks ago and what a great show this is. It's unfortunate that I think a show like this couldn't get produced for network, or even cable, television. What Netflix has put out has been of such good quality that it's hard to argue that cable has the niche anymore.

Lily Tomlin and Sam Waterston, stole the show and I hope they're rewarded with Emmy nominations.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Just watched the first season over the course of a couple of days and what a great, sweet, fun, funny show this was. Truly spectacular. I really liked the eventual development of Grace and Frankie's friendship, loved all the stuff with Coyote, Bud and Brianna and their individual relationships (I hope they continue the arc of Coyote looking for his birth mother), and was often annoyed by Robert, but believe Robert and Sol's feelings for one another. And we even got a great cliffhanger, too! Season 2 cannot come soon enough. I'm anxious to see what happens with Robert/Sol of course, but also this Phil thing. Fonda gave a GREAT performance in the scene where she remembers him.

I am so glad Tomlin was nominated for "The Vows." She gave a beautiful, heart-wrenching performance.

• 2 months later...

Archived