Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Jill has 11 emmys more then anyone in daytime and almost 40 years in biz and 30 years as EP. She is a tough real east coast woman I'll take her any day to socialite Maria Bell. Jill has garnered high ratings for Y and R and morale is very high. Melody Thomas Scott was very weary of Jill stating we thought the wicked witch was blowing our way but she's been fabulous and has her back more than any other EP she's worked with. Jill will be here for years people. Damn she was at GH for 11 years. Damn what the hell is her secret to having so much longevity in this biz. No exec producer match her emmys or resume in experience

• Members

JFP also has the honor and accolades of killing more shows than anyone else in daytime history. Writers always get all the blame but somehow the EP's always manage to avoid the blame. She's killed almost half the number of shows in total emmies that she's ever "won". And everyone knows it. How has she lasted? She accepts a paycheck for doing a rotten job. Y&R - I stopped watching for about 5 years...but am a lifelong viewer other than those 5 years since 1976. I believe it started in 1973 or 1974. So I haven't missed much. It has never been in worse shape than it is right now. I started watching again last year because I was a huge Cynthia Watros fan. So after a 5 year hiatus I started watching again. And right now it is painful to watch. Every character is a caricature of what they should be. Kelly became a joke. Peter Bergman is suddenly a terrible actor. Victor Mumbles is a mustache twirling unredeemable villain. Jill is just not even on the canvas. Where is her husband, Colin? Not that I care - but wasn't he big on GH once? Who are all of these people that are on my screen? The Scooby Doo gang and the cabin murder mystery - who cares. Abby and Stitch....who cares? Mariah is right on there, when she insults Abby - forgot you were going to sleep with someone else. Mariah is like - the only reason I tune in now. At least that is interesting writing.

I guess we get to see Jack stab and shoot Kelly once a week and she still comes back to life every other day and thwart his escape. I keep saying it - but when did this show become Days of Our Lives??? It's sad. We never moved this fast and were this frantic and this - frankly- never this BAD. Disjointed. Suddenly Michael doesn't want to be married to Lauren any more? Paul and Christine (he's become a total as* and where is she even - although I never really liked her - but WHERE is she - other than losing her baby and milking that for a week - she's just been missing for days and days at a time). Hilary and Devon - they're on for a day and then they're not seen for 2 or 3 days. This never ever happened. This is what kills shows. You never saw this on daytime years ago - people who had stories cooking and then just went missing for 3 or 4 days before it picked up again.

• Members

Actually besides Burton I haven't seen a ton of FOJ on Y&R. I don't think Jill gives a damn about angry fans that hate her or MAB she's laughing her way to the bank and a new contract. Y&R three years ago under MAB was overbudget, morale slipping and the show was sinking in matters. In three years Jill slashed the budget, won back to back emmys, improved morale greatly and I'd loved by all her bosses and ratings are great. This doesn't sound like someone who is going to be fired. Her resume and emmys win are a phenom no matter how much u dislike the woman. Many have claimed she's a bitch but then other cast say she's great and loyal.

Archived