B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rick's downfall will be so glorious to watch. I will save my popcorn

Spencer owned Forrester and this was around the time that he and Steffy started growing attracted to each other. She tried to seduce him and as they were making out in his bedroom, Katie came home. Steffy snuck out through the window but took his engagement ring. She basically blackmailed him and said he needed to sell the company to REST, a new corporation she created which stood for Ridge, Eric, Stephanie and Taylor. Those 4 put up money to buy FC from Bill, each controlling 25% of it. Instead of being pissed that he lost the company, Bill actually admired how underhanded Steffy was and that she was able to outsmart him. It turned him on and they got closer after

• Members

Depends on...

Might be hard since her mother is dead. Maybe Ghost Darla tells her to forget about a Forrester shoe line and go hit up "Aunt Sally's" connections in Europe or something? Or maybe Thorne knows a shoe manufacturer in Paris, and Darla advises Aly to get Dad to help launch the line?

• Members

That's something that pisses me off with Rick's attitude....it wasn't a Forrester business, it was Stephanie's father who put up the money for it...so even if Ridge is not a Forrester, Rick is not related at all to the founder.

• Members

But it was Eric (Rick's father) who did all the designing which turned Forrester Creations into a major fashion house, and it was Brooke (Rick's mother) who developed BeLief, which made a ton of money for the company, and she also came up with the idea for Brooke's Bedroom, the most profitable line for the company. So, even if it was Stephanie's father who put up the cash to get the company of the ground, Rick's parents have since then played a major part in making FC what it is today.

• Members
Which is fair but the problem is that Rick completely discredits Ridge and his right to the company bc he isnt Eric's bio son. That shouldnt matter bc he is Stephanie's son and without her, there would be no FC. Each has a claim to that company. Ridge doesnt deny Rick that but every chance he gets, Rick makes a slick comment about how Ridge shouldnt be entitled to anything at that company bc his bloodline is Marone. Thats not right

• Members

I wish they'd just rewrite that awful Marone decision (or ignore it forever and ever). It never should have happened. The Marone's aren't even on anymore (thankfully).

Loved Steffy referring to Ivy as ''What's-her-name''. I thrive on that kind of shade. Ivy's her own cousin :lol:

• Members

You're absolutely right. And Ridge has earned his place at FC on his own merit, not just for being related to Stephanie. His designs have contributed a lot to the success of the company. In fact, I would say that based on their contributions Ridge has a better claim than Rick.

• Members

I'm not feeling that Marone decision either but whether they re-write (which honestly I wouldn't mind) or leave it be, it's irrelevant due to Ridge's long history as a highly regarded designer at FC, as others have mentioned. And like others have also said, it was as much of a legacy to Stephanie's children as to Eric's children since it was her father who financed the company.

That shade that Steffy threw at Ivy made me chuckle at first but it also came off a little sad that there are no bonds between females on this show. When Brooke was Steffy's age, even at her most conniving, most libidinous self, Brooke was devoted to her sisters, in the early days of the show, at least. Even Stephanie had Taylor at times and had a shockingly sincere bond with Amber. I know if B&B is making Liam the great love of Steffy's life (they should reconsider this), she and Ivy will continue to be naturally antagonistic. Even though I think it risks doing absolutely nothing for Steffy, it could help give edge to Ivy.

• Members

Because audiences are trained that it's OK to have women fight because it's entertaining. I blame the Real Housewives garbage on that mentality. A show where they glorify throwing drinks at each other and tossing over tables. YAY WOMEN FIGHTING! WOO!

Archived