B&B - May 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think what makes this harder is that Maya's secret was a major retcon. It's not like Myron/Maya have been around since the character first met Rick 2.5 years ago. It would've been far more believable if Rick said, 'I've known the whole time. It wasn't an issue then and it isn't one now.' But the whole gravity of TG v kissing his not-even bio brother is hard to reconcile. It made it worse that Rick became Dick even after he won. That wasn't necessary to lay foundation for the takeover - there were better ways to accomplish that.

• Members

Cheap, once again, you have owned this thread with your GIFs. laugh.png

As for JMW, maybe she's taken the cosmetic surgery a little far, but let's not pretend that half of Hollywood hasn't had nose/boob jobs (at the very least), including the young ones. Either way, Steffy is by far the better character. Ivy had potential, but the show never committed to her the way they should have done.

• Members

Thorsten Kaye and JMW have very inappropriate chemistry together

Rick whining to his worthless mommy again. I cant. Im also sick of him throwing Massimo in his face. Arrogant pompous a-hole

she hasnt interacted with the Spencer men alone yet. Lets see if your opinion changes when that happens...lol

• Members

I'm sooooooo tired of everyone complaining on this show. Rick and Ridge please shut up! I want a completely unexpected person to swoop in last minute and take over. One who would give both sides hell. Ridge and co getting it just makes the drama come to a screeching halt.

Also, where's Maya? Poor girl has gone to the attic so Ivy can get some screen time. And Steffys face makes me hurt, it looks painful. She actually looks like Hunter Tylo's child now :lol:

• Members

I know, right? It was very apparent during the February run - almost uncomfortable. However, I'd love for Caroline to throw something like that back at Steffy....

Say what you want about JMW, but she does have presence - she is never a leaf on a Vine.... I do feel sorry for AB, because she has done what she can with the material. But when the writers have Ivy all excited about telling $B and Katie that Ridge may already be CEO of FC, after we saw it play out the other way already, there's not much you can do. (I really had to question the wisdom of the show even having that scene.) Bottom line: the Ivy character is redundant (and not even close competition) in so many ways Quinn > Ivy, Steffy > Ivy and, we know a return that's inevitable Hope > Ivy. The writers have not done a single thing to make Ivy unique or memorable. That's sad because, despite my loathing of TV, AB is certainly no hair model. Perhaps, when she goes psych like all scorned women on B&B do, she'll make her mark.

• Members

IA. The only thing Ive liked about Ivy is how feisty she is when it comes to standing up to Rick......but then again Steffy is the same way and she actually has history with the guy which fuels her fire. Ivy is highly redundant

• Members

Not to fixate on looks but like SC on Y&R, I cannot fathom why JMW does what she does to her face, she didn't need the extra work. At least SC, waited until after 40 to start tinkering and finally her face has begun to settle (maybe someone was honest with her). Someone, a really good friend needs to sit JMW down and explain to her what she is doing to her looks.

Having said that, I would like to see Steffi run Forrester alongside someone who is a surprise (maybe Thorne?) who emerges to stake a claim at FC. Perhaps Steffi and Thorne, Thorne has a COO position while Steffi is CEO.

Ridge and Eric Jr. can sqwak and squabble with each other while they have a seat on the Board of Directors, along with Liam who finagles a seat next to Brooke.

As for Ivy, she was the kind of character that soaps used to be able to know how to write for. I don't know whether it is intentional, but they sure know how to make Ivy look slightly frumpy almost every time. From the picture of AB at the Daytime Emmys that I saw, I thought she looked very pretty, of course, damn near everyone else dressed like hell.

B&B not impressing me with how they outfit their characters though.

Archived