Y&R: Strap In And Get Ready

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I'm FAR from a Pratt fan, what I do like is that he is mixing up existing players. It's not like we've had an influx of new characters. He's taking the existing and mixing them up. At least it's not the same old same old. Phyllis/Nikki teaming up? Cane/Lauren? Return of Gwen - wonder how that's going to unfold. There are still major leaps of logic at times and I still am not a fan of the Yack thing, but some of the fallout of Yack has played out better than I predicted. At least stuff is happening. I may not watch everyday anymore, but when I do, I am finding that most of the show does entertain me. That's not really something I could say last year. I still think it's going to implode.... LOL

• Members

I agree with you. I've actually started catching the show regularly again. While I see his nasty stamp all over it, I'm slightly interested. I just had to cringe and hold back laughter with Kelly and Jack and her throwing the drink in his face and laughing like a crazy person. But that's for the discussion thread ... it will implode. Most awful head writers start out actually promising, because they wrap up stories that fans are ready to see end (a storyline climax can often deliver even if the story itself sucked). I have noticed the mixing up of characters though and I'm a fan of that. I hate how soaps have characters in their own little bubbles and some characters NEVER interact. Yet they are all still close and know each other.

• Members

And can they PLEAAAAASE get rid of Burgess Meredith (yes I know it's Jenkins) Billy? Lord. Just so bland. At least make him shave his face. He looked older than Eileen AND Peter in those Abbott family scenes. And I know Pratt would probably NEVER use Traci but why isn't she involved in this? I'll give Passanante that.

EDIT: I could have sworn Burgess Meredith had some fuzz on his face when I watched the show this week but clearly I don't pay enough attention to his face... or it looked dirty on screen ...

• Members

I'm starting to wonder if they plan to write Billy and Victoria out together for a while, then have Heinle return without him (because of course she'll never leave). Those two seem to be an afterthought as Pratt hurriedly reunites them and focuses in more on Giant Baby, MD and Abby. (Who, admittedly, are somehow more interesting.)

Archived