April 13-17, 2015: DAYS Hits New Low in Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL…the only show that comes to mind is The Voice…and their ratings aren't as high as they once were….

I am surprised NBC has not cancelled Days. I am sure they could put a game show or talk show for much cheaper and for the same or better ratings.

• Administrator

The decision to cancel DAYS or not probably won't be made until the end of the year, so there's still some time to recover. Also, it seems that Sony doesn't give up on their shows easily - as shown in the leak emails - so DAYS has that going for them too. If NBC decides to cancel DAYS, I'm sure Sony will find another home the show.

• Members

These ratings are bad and I hope that NBC doesn't cancel DAYS because there is so much potential there to get the ratings back up. I hope the new regime realizes that and does what's right! THE OTHER PART TO THIS IS....THIS IS KEN CORDAY'S FAULT! He should have never brought the regime of Tomlin and Whitesell back! Their first tenure was bad and the ratings reflected it and this tenure was even worse. They did exactly the same mess that caused the ratings to dip in the first place and other writers had to recover from it and then turned around and did it again. Whether people want to believe it or not, but when they came back again, they wanted to hook up Jennifer and Daniel...FAILED! No one ever wanted them together! EJ and SAMI reuniting...FAILED, contrary to the believe, EJAMI was played out and people weren't invested in the pairing like that. EJOLE was where it was at! And even still going with EJAMI, then to "kill" EJ off was just a slap in the faces of EJAMI fans. BO had left. Steve had left. Jack had been killed off. John and Marlena had very little story and airtime. Brought back Kristen which was a good move, but used her poorly. There were some bright spots added...

The point is that DAYS can be helped and saved! The ratings can rise. But the writing has to be there. The characters need to be there and used based on their history. AND BETTER PROMOTIONS NEED TO OCCUR! Promos like from the 80s which gave you so little but gave you a lot. I need my DAYS OF OUR LIVES!

• Members

I read somewhere very recently on this very forum somewere that with DVR and whatever else people watch the show on, that the actual audience of the soap is the same as it was ten yeas ago--something like that. DOOL is the soap that enjoys something like almost doubling the audience when all platforms are factored in. Hopefully that is true and I didn't imagine it.

• Members

Unfortunately the problem with DVR is the ability to skip ads, which helps pay for the programming. Unless sponsors find a way to get ads that cannot be FF or skipped (a la Hulu), DVR is always going to be more of a consolation than anything else. Without ads, I doubt that DVR numbers are enough to save a show.

You all are right about NBC's terrible programming lineup though. They are struggling in primetime and that seems to be their main priority, so maybe that could buy Days more time too.

Archived