Favorite/Best Written Triangles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! I FLOVED them as well.

The scene that sold them for me is one that has left an imprint on my mind, unfortantly, I can't find it on YT. Annie walked in the parlor and looked at JR and said something to him and I think they both made love on the couch. What she said to him was a moment though that I watched like a million times over!!

• Members

Casey/Chris/snapper where both women became friends and gave snapper space till he decided who he wanted.

Brooke/Taylor/ridge. He loved them both..and you could see why. When he choose Taylor..they were together while Brooke moved on...and when ridge would pick Brooke..Taylor would move on.

• Members

Brief - but I always wanted Emma with Cal. Emma/Cal/Lucinda on World Turns. I loved all 3 of them. Lucinda/Lisa/John ATWT. I remember watching (at work while we were working - yep...snuck a portable TV in the office where a group of us were doing data entry)...because Frank/Eleni/Alan Michael were on Guiding Light...and I just couldn't help myself. After 2 days of it, there were guys and girls that came into the data entry room that said they couldn't sleep over night because the things Alan Michael was doing were just so horrible and they just HAD to see Guiding Light today. Years ago, but Brad/Traci/Lauren - Y&R. I remember one time Lauren saying something awful to Brad when he had married Traci..."how is your rather ample wife?" Such a witch. LOL.

• Members

I don't know if I would call these conventional triangles, but Jenny/Greg/Liza had three people and was one of the greatest stories ever told on soaps. I would also say Luke/Holly/Robert was exceptionally well done especially when Luke came home to Holly only to find he married to Robert.

• Members

Some of my favorite Ryan's Hope triangles:

Mary/Jack/Siobhan - Michael Levin and Sarah Felder worked so well together, and Kathleen Tolan and Nicolette Goulet both played Mary as perpetually angry and snotty - while Mary was still being written like the heroine of the show - so it was fun to watch.

Faith/Tom/Teresa the Ghost - The ghost was later excused as tumor-induced visions, but I never believed that, especially once her lookalike Poppy showed up. KMG's Faith was never more interesting and entertaining to watch (while sober) than here, with Tom trying to set her on fire in her bed, sending her dangling on a broken bannister, and sailing in a canoe over a waterfall (years before the more well-known OLTL waterfall incident). All at the encouragement of Tom's ghostly ex-gf, err, tumor.

Roger/Maggie/Frank - I've only seen bits of it, but the whole thing seems hysterical...Frank, now married to Jill, goes after another of Jill's siblings. (If the show were airing today, Frank probably would have gone after Jill, Faith, Maggie AND Roger during the course of the series.) Plus, Roger is being written over the top and out of character here as a drunk who is suddenly more obsessed with Maggie than he ever was toward Delia. And despite always being written in the past as a schemer who tried to avoid physical conflict, Roger's apparently willing to fight Frank (and Maggie) for Maggie. The peak of silliness is in one episode where Roger charged toward Frank with a two-by-four in the loft under construction over Greenberg's Deli like a maniac, and their struggle almost got all 3 of them killed. I seem to recall Ron Hale saying he put his foot down when the writers were planning for Roger to actually rape Maggie. Pat Falken Smith may have done well at GH, but she was the worst when it came to RH. Her material was entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons.

• Members

Mac/Rachel with Iris (his daughter). Riveting for years and then the huge mid-week bombshell when Amanda was born and Mac found out he had a daughter and blurted out to Iris that he always wanted a daughter. Wow. before spoilers, it was huge and it wasn't even on a Friday.

Archived