Favorite/Best Written Triangles

• Members

I don't like love triangles, mostly because they are almost always blatantly one-sided (until Brad Bell got sick of Hunter Tylo, Taylor/Ridge/Brooke was always about Taylor; Kathleen/Cass/Frankie was so much about propping Frankie that the letter F was practically carved in Kathleen's and Cass' foreheads), but I liked the Ellie/Craig/Sierra triangle on ATWT. It was believable that Craig loved both women and that he was too guilt-ridden to make the choice, which is why Ellie chose for him. This never felt like a copout, even though it easily could have been. Reilly tried this on DAYS with Hope/Bo/Billie, but I never thought it worked.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree with Carl and say I'm not the biggest fan of triangles either, though they make it up about 75% of soaps....

what B&B has done recently with Liam/Hope/Steffy, Liam/Hope/Wyatt, Liam/Ivy/Steffy just fueled my hatred of them more....

• Members

They could've amounted to something had Brad not been one-sided and actually played proper beats. Ridge/Brooke/Taylor worked b/c Bill had Ridge choose one woman for an extended time [as in years] before bouncing back to the other one. And the other one would actually move on with someone else till they came back to Ridge. That never occurred with the show's current triangles. Liam or Hope would switch partners quicker than they would underwear.

Archived