Favorite/best written and least favorite/worst written soap murder mystery of all time.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. I feel like Henry Slesar was the only writer (outside of maybe Peggy O'Shea) who would have understood the Dobsons' darkly and cynically comic vision of their show. And if NBC had hired him after Jerry and Bridget had been forced out, who knows? The show might have been in much finer shape once they had been allowed back in.

• Members

I think he could have been pretty fantastic on GH and Days at that time. I also think he would have made an interesting choice for ATWT after Marland's death. It would have certainly helped the show survive his loss and provided a strong voice for the direction of the show.

• Members

Perhaps. But I also think ATWT, as well as GL and AW, might have been too homespun and traditional for his taste. He wrote for SFT for awhile in the late '70's, and according to several on this board who watched back then, it wasn't a good fit.

• Members

Hearing about Sleasar and what happened at Capitol doesn't surprise me...due to who created Capitol.

This may be a faulty impression, but it seemed like the Paul Valere thing on GL didn't make much sense. When the story ended as it was, it was pushed off the canvas and on camera was treated like it was ridiculous and good riddance to bad rubbish.

With Evan on Days, he believed he was Sarah's father and I thought he died before the audience knew it was Neil...

Archived