Fuller House

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I never posted on this after I finished watching the season a few months ago. Man was it cringeworthy and cheesy at times. I mean really bad to the point where they were looking like they were trying way too hard, especially with the forced Michelle jokes and catchphrases.

I liked seeing John Brotherton as Matt and rooted for him with DJ over Steve who was god awfully annoying. It was laughable that he was even a viable contender for her bc he was written so bad. BTW, Matt giving DJ half of his father's business was so unbelievable and that would never happen in real life. I wish the show hadnt done that and given them an actual source of friction

Hated Kimmy in the original series but liked her here. I was hot/cold with Stephanie but loved her here. Favorite moment was when she told DJ she couldnt have kids. It was a touching moment. Im glad to see Jodi doing so well on this show after her hardships.

LOVED Fernando. So weird seeing the actor handle comedy when he was doing dramatic work on Dallas as a villain

• Members

It is rather amusing that almost everyone loves Matt and Fernando but can't stand regular Steve. Is it because of the writing or the actor getting worse in the role? I am asking because I still haven't seen season 1 yet. I thought the actor who plays Fernando was great on Dallas and have seen him in other movies too. I never cared for John Brotherton on OLTL.

• Members

Im not sure but it may be a bit of both. Ive read through some of the comments and IA with Vee in that he comes across as a stalker. He is super thirsty and clingy and this is before Matt even shows up. They play it off like its supposed to be comedic but it comes across in poor taste especially since DJ's husband just died not too long ago and she's trying to make sense of her life.

• Members

It's easy to pick Matt over Steve. He's hotter, taller and way less creepy. Poor Steve never stood a chance. Fernando, while lacking in the tall department, more than makes up for it in humor. Plus, that ass.

Everyone I know that has watched this show loves it. It's terribly cheesy, easily predictable and insanely forgettable, but it's good, wholesome fun. Sometimes I watch shows like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones and I literally feel stressed out while watching it. I don't have to worry about that with this piece of fluff. I'm just worried the nostalgia factor will wear off come season 2, they'll rush a forced pairing for Stephanie and before we know it one of the kids will have amnesia and then the show will be cancelled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hopefully the writing for Steve improves. I still feel like they thought it would come off as endearing, and maybe a little strange, but yeah ... I finally really liked Steve again in the date episode where they sang in the kitchen and he played with her kids.

Edited by KMan101