Fuller House

• Members

I thought the same thing, boo! I showed my parents the first episode of it and they both remarked that he looked dreadful. I almost thought that when Stamos said his line about "Damn we all still look good," they might cut to Stamos "on accident" out of perversity.

I binged the entire season last weekend. I rather enjoyed it! I agree with everyone else that it got a lot better as the season progressed. I know I watched bits and pieces of the regular show when it was on (or perhaps in reruns) but I don't think I was watching every episode or anything.

Was I the only one who found Kimmy's husband obnoxious? He was as a complete racial caricature. Not only that but is it supposed to be a positive message that his betrayal and infidelity is a mere punch line and then she

I hope he is written out next season.

I found the show amusing, I chuckled a few dozen times and smiled a lot but did anyone else not genuinely laugh a whole lot while watching the show? Maybe I am too accustomed now to humor that actually has some finesse and wit behind it. The forced AF laugh track didn't help matters. But still, I certainly didn't LOL a lot.

Stephanie and Max (DJ's youngest son) were by far my favorite characters.

Loved seeing soap alums John Brotherton and Ryan McPartlin getting some work!

Edited by alexisfan07

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never cared for him on Passions. He wasn't bad or good on Passions. I just never paid close attention to him. Recently I got to see him in the Christmas Movie with Blossom….and damn wow….now I sure paid attention to him….he looks so good at 40.  On Fuller House he plays a character named Tyler. Who is Tyler?  

• Members

I thought the show had quite a few genuine laughs. It felt more natural and funny as the show went on. You could see everyone get more comfortable. I thought, for example, Steve had me laughing out loud quite a few times. Several very funny episodes.

I'm not Candace's biggest fan in regards to her personal beliefs, but it's a sitcom and people need to sit down about her "lowering" herself. Please. The show actually softened my dislike of her, LOL

• Members

Yes, the first episode was basically everything about Full House that people both loved and hated about it. It's packed full of self references and nods to the original series. I didn't love the fourth wall breaking by Stamos in Episode 2 but it worked in Episode 1. The first episode, probably minus DJ's dead husband and spin-off set up of course, was mostly the finale the original series should have had. Served as a reunion/set-up. It was slightly clunky, and felt like many were rusty. The rest of the show itself develops a really nice vibe, imho. I've actually re-watched a few. I wasn't the biggest fan of the original, but I liked it. I actually prefer this take on it. Or maybe it's just hitting me differently.

The rest of the episodes are worth checking out. It starts to gel after a few episodes. I don't think it comes off nearly as bad cheese as the original but the tone is similar. Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are really fantastic IMO and Candace eventually starts to get warm and come off less ... fake. JMO.

• Members

It must be something you had to grow up watching or be a cultural American thing because I watched the next two episodes and I can't watch anymore. It's just way too cheesy and cutesy and the acting is not good. And plus, I don't want to be mean about kids, but those kids are some of the worst child actors I've ever seen and that middle son is obnoxious. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just started watching this and didnt realize the actual cast was so small. I thought more of the originals were cast members and not just special guests

Surprised those are the same twins that played Nicky and Alex bc they look nothing like their younger selves. Are they fraternal twins bc I used to think they were identical but they dont resemble each other at all now

I wish this show were a bit more original. All the roles are just genderswapped from the first series w/the exception of Ramona. This show relies too heavily on nostalgia

Favorite character? Stephanie. Wasnt much of a fan in the original but digging her here

I like Kimmy and Fernando and kinda root for them. The actor is also pretty hot

Ramona is hella annoying, like her mother was at that age

That episode I watched was the club one (I think Ep3). DJ is so god damn corny. Like I couldnt hang out with her. im surprised the middle kid got in on the pranks and wasnt upset bc if they were building him up to be a mini Danny, I would have thought he'd freak out by the mess

• 3 weeks later...