Fuller House

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know. It's tired. Every article about Fuller House and it's renewal automatically goes to the Olsen twins. I don't miss them in the slightest and I like the show as it is. I couldn't care less if they ever appear. I wish one would though so everyone can shut up about it. It's sad that all the critics and 'reporters' have to write about is the Olsen's (who NO ONE expected they would do it) and how awful the original show was and how awful this one is. It's really not as awful as they make it out to be. I actually find Fuller House less cheesy and bad than Full House, which was 80s/90s kind of special.

• Members

IA, KMan, one of the Olsen twins needs to make an appearance, at least, just so the media can move on.

I'm not surprised FH has been renewed.  Personally, the original series never was my cup of tea -- and I doubt I will make time for the new series either (the hotness of Steve and the Katsopolis twins be damned).  However, so many out there were so ecstatic to hear about the revival, I just knew the results would score with Netflix subscribers, regardless of my personal feelings about the two shows' qualities.

Besides, maybe FH's success might encourage Netflix to revive OTHER beloved shows from the past...like, say, "Cheers" (hint, hint, lol)?

• Members

I mean, horrific? No. There's maybe two jokes in there in 13 episodes, it's not exactly a vicious dragfest. They're not burning them in effigy and pissing on their graves.

And of course the media focused in on the Olsen twins and made every single article about them over and over before the thing came out - they were the breakout stars. That's what media, especially online media driven by traffic, does. But it didn't end up being the center of the show's narrative upon release. It's just an unavoidable thing the media is always going to go back to or bring up until such time as one of the twins appears.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I do think it ended up being the center for months, as John Stamos couldn't stop talking about it. It stopped in the last month or so when they were doing PR for the show on various talk shows and interviews, but even then the show wanted to make it a focus with the pilot having the big joke. They're lucky that people weren't turned off by it because for ages it was just known as that sitcom Mary Kate and Ashley won't be on. At one point people were even trying to make their sister come on the show instead. 

Anyway, this is a good interview with Andrea Barber:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fuller-house-kimmy-gibbler-andrea-868709

• Members

Horrific, yes. The amount of jokes is irrelevant, nobody said it's a vicious dragfest, or that they're burning them in effigy and pissing on their graves.

But are they pissed the twins turned them down? You bet your ass.

Then there's wonderful little jokes like this one, which comedic genius John Stamos came up with, that somebody, somewhere had the great idea to cut.

Exactly. It was almost as important as everything else about the show combined. It's all done now, and people are going to defend their nostalgia with everything they've got (which is understandable), but the show was just as preoccupied with them as the media.

• Members

If anything, those who are defending it so staunchly are the ones taking it too seriously and trying too hard to justify it all. I get that you disagree. I get that. Please don't try to start anything personal. You really couldn't be further off the mark. Overall, it's been fun watching the progress of the show and I'm not sure why someone like you would make that mistake, unless you're just throwing something out there in order to counter what I said. 

• Members

I'm not trying to throw anything out anywhere, I just disagree with you. I don't think it was a particularly nasty sequence of events. And I'd say that to anyone else, though I'd probably say it much more rudely to 95% of the board. It's not personal.

• Members

I just started watching. I don't have time to write up all of my thoughts right now, but I do have one question (and forgive me if I've missed something):

Is there something wrong with Bob Saget? Why can he barely speak? I don't want to say anything rude, in case there really is an issue, but he could barely talk and didn't sound like himself at all. I know some of y'all had to notice, as several of my friends said the same thing!

• Members

My s.o. and I have watched the first four episodes.  We enjoy it in the same treacly way we enjoyed the original.  I have to say, I'm impressed/relieved (?) that Candace is willing to "go there" with certain things that I'm sure bump up against her Evangelical sensibilities.  I was ready to cut my favorite Miss Stephanie with that God awful English accent in episode one, so glad they cut. it. out.