March 23-27, 2015: GH Hits New Low For 3rd Straight Week

Toups

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the GH audience tunes in to watch Billy Miller, Roger Howarth, and Rebecca Budig starring in replays of stories that failed in 2007. Why GH has decided that what the show needed was storylines about Jason and Liz being kept apart by Ric I will never know. It was these stories and characters that saw GH sink to the brink of cancellation. Nobody cared then and clearly nobody cares now whether or not Sam and Jason are apart or not.

RC had a good thing going when he rejected the 00s to concentrate on anyone and anything that wasn't part of those terrible storylines., but he has made this reversal and thrust the entire failed cast of the 00s into the spotlight. Jason, Sam, Liz, Sonny and pals almost got GH canceled once and they will do so again. It doesn't make a difference who writes them as we plainly see. These characters are flawed creations the audience does not embrace. When they put Robin front and center the ratings paid off big, but put Jason front and center and the audience runs for the exits.

• Members

LOL.....Budig...."leads to all time low ratings"? So what about the previous week(s) when they were also hitting all time lows? Do I think RB will raise the ratings and stop the bleeding...doubtful, I doubt ANY new actor joining the show will do that. On the same token I wouldn't say her being there ...with the promos and whatnot "LEADS" to the low ratings. IMO a more appropriate way to phrase it might be...."Anyone shocked that Budig-a-go-go, complete with splashy promo,....and still another all time low rating. " Then I'd point out the first full day (Monday) with her being there was the highest rating for nearly a month! You'll have to go back four weeks to see another episode break the 3 mil mark.;)

I started watching GH just for RB ...and while I love her, desperately missed having a soap to watch (OLTL and mainly AMC were my soaps) and being somewhat familiar with the characters and history of GH.......ahhh it's a train wreck. The acting by many is atrocious, the stories lame and the overall feel is just not my thing. And that's me being kind and not trying too hard to pick it apart. I'll continue to watch and hope it can grab me, but most likely it will be just to see the supremely talented Budig-a-go-go.

• Members

I was being sarcastic - I realize she's not responsible. I should have said I was being sarcastic. I was mostly saying that because of the silly promo they had for her, and because of some of her boosters at shill sites like DC.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived