ALL: Stories that had no consequence/movement.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing really came of Carl Williams return on Y&R. He never returned to Mary.

The Jill/Katherine mother/daughter idiotic storyline destroyed the history of the show. Bill Bell is probably turning in his grave that his backstory of Jill and the Fosters have been destroyed. The Lauren/Jill sister thing is laughable. Neil Fenmore was near the same age as Jill when he was on in the 80's.

Nikki & Paul and their son Dylan is another craptastic storyline where history was rewritten to force the audience to accept Steve Burton.

• Members

I thought DAYS wasted Sarah Brown/Madison and Mad World horribly. I really, really liked her and that story early on, the romance with Brady, the women in business (including Sami!), all of it.

• Members

Oh, not again with that! :P Just because Carl chose to stay with Ruth doesn't mean the story amounted to nothing. They wanted to give closure to the Williams family and they did just that. The fact that Mary got Carl back and still lost him again was great soap opera.

Definitely agreed on the other two, although Jill & Katherine being mother and daughter did A LOT more than just destroy the history of the show. That was probably the least horrible outcome of the story (which says something).

• Members

They totally did. There was just nothing planned there, it seems. It was a concept ("Strong businesswomen!" "Corporate espionage!") without a real story to tell. Madison had a ton of potential, but once Ian Buchanan started, she basically did nothing but stand around a hotel room weeping. And her rivalry with Kate was really weird -- they either changed the story midway because people had guessed the connection, or they set up a silly dynamic from the outset to subvert expectations. Either way, it seemed insane that Madison would hate Kate because… years ago, the man who took Madison as a child bride, whom she did not love, had an affair with Kate? It would've made so much more sense if Ian were her father and Kate had been the mistress who broke up Madison's parents' marriage.

• Members

I remember rumors about Ian being Madison's father but they changed it to just her husband.

I also thought it was weird how they made Madion and Sami childhood friends, and when Madison died they never had Sami even react to it. At least not that I remember.

• Members

That was weird, yeah. They established that they'd known each other in elementary school in Colorado, and then kinda never mentioned it again even though they had story together for a while. It just felt like throwing a lot of sh*t at the wall to see what might stick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In the reruns of The Doctors being shown on Retro TV right now, the kidnapping of Liz Wilson (Pamela Toll) by chairman of the hospital board Phillip Townsend III (Ralph Purdom) is poorly executed and drags like a snail. It's a complete ripoff of Dark Shadows, with Liz as the Victoria/Maggie composite and Townsend as Barnabas. The plot began in mid-December 1968 and now the reruns are in February 1969, and the plot is nowhere near being resolved. By far the worst (and most boring) story that has been shown since RTV began airing the reruns.

• Members

Well GH I feel likes own this topic, but the BALKAN anyone? Did that advance any story at all? So Dante and Brenda pretended the kid was his-no effect with his Lulu relationship really, The Balkan reeked a little havoc around town-nothing I can remember except Sam blowing up in the limo but that was real Franco?, Sonny and Brenda got married for 3 minutes, and her random non-Sonny/Jax son appeared only to have them all leave the show and never (except a couple of Brenda mentions/appearance) again. That epitomizes a wasted year on GH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

LOL! I would have said anything under TomSell, but I like this response. And Jack HAS to be brought back under this new regime. A lot of what TomSell did has to be erased. Not trying to fan flames or anything. :)

Archived