Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Last time I was on this board, I was thinking that something specific should happen with Chelsea's career and it looks as if a part of it is going to happen, albeit in a sloppily written manner:

I wish they'd use the story to take some of these characters in a more multfaceted direction but I'm pretty sure that's not what we're going to get.

• Members

She used to be known for selecting the actors she thought deserved the awards, and getting her team to all vote the way she wanted them to. It was pretty common for her to only have one actor per category so she could sweep as many categories as possible. But other soaps started doing it too and it became less effective overall. People on her shows have spoken about it, I don't think its a rumor just fact. Some of the OLTL folks didn't like it as I recall, but did enjoy the show getting more attention.

• Members

Does anyone have more info on Sophia Pernas? I just read at Soaps.com that she will be joining the show starting June 1st. and she will be interacting with major characters. She looks like she may become part of the Scoobies story.

• Members

Yes, the notorious favoritism and block voting issues.

What may be most important is that she's known to have an uncanny knack for choosing the best reels to submit. With the exception of Erika Slezak (who was the ultimate pro at this), most actors are terrible at choosing reels because they let their own subjective criteria override what voters will appreciate.

Archived