Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah Cady was AWFUL today. I hope she's on her way out, so over her Kelly. What was once a great character thanks to CW, is now crap.

People are saying Phyllis married the real Jack, but he was switched when she was in the shower?? Also they're calling him Doppel Yack lol

• Administrator

Kyle and Summer are just awful to watch. I smiled when Paul told Kyle to shut up. I usually don't mind doppleganger storylines but we just had one with Mariah, and Victor was behind that too! At least make it a little bit different.

• Members

You mean Oregon, which is where Jess Walton maintains a very beautiful home, in addition to an apartment in Los Angeles.

Jess Walton is the best actress Y&R has. And they all know it. She's got the Emmys to prove it. Jess brings her scenes to life. Anyone who is dumb enough to think that the 18-49 demographic only wants to watch 20somethings hasn't watched Y&R to know that the show's success was built on being a multi-generational show with longstanding veteran characters and actors. Jill is like Kay Chancellor, the character has no endpoint if the writing is there. And if the writing is strong, Y&R benefits.

That's exactly right. Jess Walton only left because she was frustrated with how Jill got zero storyline under MAB and Paul Rauch. Hell, JFP personally called Jess Walton and asked her to come back and Jess Walton agreed so long as the story is there. What she's never wanted to be is a background player. Jill Abbott is not Gina Roma.

The last interview Jess Walton gave was about how excited she was for 2015 to be the year of Jill beating Victor in a corporate struggle storyline. Les Moonves is about making money. He doesn't hate soaps. He hates losing money. Y&R is still #1 in network daytime so take a seat with your allegations about an executive who has personally gone to bat for certain actors (biased though that may be) during contract negotiations with Sony.

Wait. What? Sally and Kay were actually turned down? I give up on this damned show.

• Members

So do I. I was so happy about Kyle and Summer finally getting together, but Kyle seems as hard to cast as Billy. The only good thing about this Kyle is he slept with Summer and finally put that annoying Summer is Jack's BS to rest.

• Members

I don't get the entire Avery / Joe thing. Joe is like - the guy who is just kind of there. Nothin' there. Don't care that Avery shoved you off a balcony or whatever. You're just hanging around and none of Avery and Joe's backstory even matters to me. I just don't see any chemistry between the two yet the story and "relationship" just keeps sticking around. BE DONE. And the rest of the show...they have decided to move at a faster pace...won't work with Y&R. The thing about Y&R (I've watched since 1978)....you don't need for it to move quick. You could always watch once or twice a week and figure out what was going on. My sister was on vacation for a week and a half this past 2 weeks and called me today - she said...WHAT is going on? On Y&R??? WHAT is going on. When it takes 20 minutes to explain what happened on Y&R - it AIN'T A WORKIN'. It will never work. And HOW does Jill Farren Phelps always get a pass...it's NEVER her fault. Writers come and go but she NEVER gets the blame. This show has quickly become a teenage WRECK. I don't care who killed Austin (because we never really knew him - undeveloped character)....don't care what Victor has done lately...don't care about Neil anymore...Hillary has disappeared. Devon, Lilly - haven't seen them in many days....Jack times two - don't care. Don't care that Victor has engineered whatever he has. Even Eileen Davidson as Ashley - there's just not been anything there. Stitch...character gone nowhere...his sister "died" and he mourned for like 3 minutes. And I couldn't care less about Kelly - not a popular opinion because everyone thinks Cady McClain is the best thing since sliced bread - she's horrible. Googly eyes and over the top. This show has become a trainwreck in like 5 minutes. Sad

• Members
Agree with all this.

Joe/Avery/Dylan triangle. Who thought that fans would care about this? It was a terrible idea from the beginning to pair Dylan with Avery but to add Joe to the mix and center the show around the triangle? I've never seen a stupider choice in all my days of soap viewing. JFP has finally gotten it right by putting Dylan more in Sharon's orbit. It seems she might just be able to make him into the popular character that JFP wants him to be. However, I am not convinced it will last. They will cycle him back to Avery before long (because Sony loves JC, I hear) and hope he retains his popularity.

Has anyone heard the rumor that Sharon Case's contract is up and the show only offered recurring?

I'm not going to touch on the whole Neil/Devon/Hilary mess more than to say Bryton and Mishael have earned the opportunity to move on and get from out of the shadow of Kristoff and that dumb triangle that shouldn't have been. That the show seems like it won't do that is tragic. This show does not want to succeed.

I think your opinion on Cady is popular.

I guess Summer and Kyle has been crowned as the show's new big thing. I fear it won't take off. Then what...

Archived