2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations

Soapsuds

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't support Peggy, no matter how talented she is. Or Billy Miller for Y&R for that matter. If you are going to be nominated for lead then you better have the episode counts and the storyline to back it up, or what's the point.

Remember when there were so many strong storylines for women and so many talented women on daytime that it really was hard to narrow it down to just five?

• Members

I don't know how popular this opinion is going to be, but with only four soaps, it's time to shrink the soap categories and let the rest of daytime take the lead. NATAS must think we are still stuck in 2000 with ten shows. Do we really need supporting and younger actor categories? Shrink the remaining non-craft awards down to actor, actress and Outstanding Drama. I'd almost mix writing and directing into the main category as well. But that's just me.

• Members

Gina Tognoni submitted those amazing scenes with her and Jack in the living room it was a tour de force. Her reel will be hard to top it had everything voters adore. Alison is the buzzed favorite but it all depends on what she submits. I honestly think Gina has the reel.

Young and the Restless - Turning Up The Thermostat: https://youtu.be/VBfvwitS_HM

Look at amazing this reel was wowsa

• Members

No Camryn Grimes? Are you kidding me? Peggy McCay. The ultimate insult to the actresses who put in hard work day-in-day-out. They need to add episode floors for the 6 main categories. Seriously, soaps put in 250 episodes a year. Let's reward the actors who have to carry boatloads of dialogue and storylines (good and bad). If you're going to have a Guest category, add a Recurring one.

• Members

I don't get how Lindsy Godfrey is a supporting actress and Freddie Smith is younger, considering that in real life Lindsy is a couple months or so younger then Freddie :D

I don't get either how 13 episodes qualifies BM for a Y&R lead, but let's face it, he's LOVED by those people no matter how much we complain....

I thought B&B got shunned in the leading actress category....I guess HT could use a break but I hate how KKL is always snubbed....

• Members

He was excellent in the episode with the two Lukes and it was clear as day he was going to be nominated and probably win for it. I have to assume that is what he submitted. People can hate the story, but that episode was compelling and he did the best acting of probably the entire cast all year.

Archived