DAYS: Casting for big role announced

• Members
SAN DIEGO TALENT AGENCY POST ON FACEBOOK STATES THAT JAMES LASTOVIC HAS BEEN CAST IN CONTRACT ROLE OF JOEY JOHNSON, SON OF STEVE & KAYLA
11071671_556562637819348_913792934290577
A March 19 post on a San Diego talent agency's Facebook page states the following:
"Ecstatic for James Lastovic who just got a two year contract with NBC's, Days of Our Lives!!! He will be playing the role of Joey Johnson. Huge Congratulations and proud hearts go out to James and his family who have been working on his craft since 2010 when he started at our Mission Valley studio. Big things in store! Overnight success is a result of many calculated efforts over time."
Another post on Facebook, also from March 19, states the following:
"I'm so happy for my best friend James Lastovic.... He just got a...roll for a daytime television show. Look at God and what he's doing... So proud of you bro."
In the casting call, Joey is described as this: A 16-year-old, gorgeous Causcasian male who struggles with resentment and abandonment issues. With Lastovic being cast last week, look for Joey to start airing in August most likely. To take a look at Lastovic in action, here's his demo reel: https://vimeo.com/80342459

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now THIS is how you cast newbies, Days. Make them have ties to the core characters. :)

Not saying the Dena/Josh transition is perfect so far, but I like what I'm seeing. It seems like the longtime fans are being listened to for a change.

• Members

Not bad. He has looks and maybe talent. Days has a way of instantly draining away a person's apparent talent, so it will be interesting to see if he's suddenly worse than a bit player on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Shelley Hennig can stay away. I suppose it wasn't directly Hennig's fault, but the characterization of Stephanie was, IMO, very... bimboey? To be honest, I preferred Shayna Rose. Whatever happened to her?

• Members

Good luck with that 'two-year' contract, kid. I wish DAYS would just trim the cast down to core of current canvas - get rid of those on fringe, including Roman, etc who add nothing. Rather than adding new, there can be plenty of stories. Seriously, why do we need a new kid? JJ is enough and has plenty of story left to tell. Hope, Daniel, Aiden, Nicole, Eric, Brady, Theresa, Paige (recast), Eve, Jen, Kate, Aby, Chad, the G3. That's it, have some recurring pop in and out because fans love them and that actors are actually good (Marlena, Stefano, Maggie, Victor, Kayla, Adrienne). With all the history that these characters share, new stories shouldn't be a problem. This type of show would get me to watch again.

Archived