Coach: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

COACH

Craig T. Nelson (Parenthood) reprises the iconic role that earned him an Emmy in this follow-up to the beloved series that ran for nine seasons. With original creator Barry Kemp at the helm, Hayden Foxs story picks up 18 years later when the retired coach gets back in the game to assist his son, who was just hired as head coach at an Ivy League university in Pennsylvania where they know nothing about sports. Between dealing with the eggheads on campus and his hostile daughter-in-law at home, Coach will soon learn that hes not in Minnesota anymore. Talk about a Hail Mary!

Barry Kemp serves as writer and executive producer. Craig T. Nelson also executive produces. Coach is produced by Universal Television.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is hilarious. I know it had a long run and I did enjoy the early years but why? I guess he must have been a big fan favorite on Parenthood.

Please tell me they're going to have Shelly Fabares (if she is able to work). If he has a hot new wife I will boycott this [!@#$%^&*] and go around telling others to do the same.

• Members

I loved the original series and don't understand the shade. It had a long run, a top notch cast and it was legitimately a good show. Sports shows do well so it makes sense to reboot this. It will sell based on the football connection. I will look forward to this.

• Members

I mean, look, even though he is a right wing nut IRL, I love Craig T. Nelson as a performer and have since Poltergeist. He's a great actor and very funny. And my mother loved him and Coach. But Coach? Really? We're dying for a revival of Coach? It's not exactly Twin Peaks or The X-Files, is it? It's like if they greenlit a revival of Empty Nest or Gimme A Break. It's so random.

• Members

Coach was an ABC show….how about a follow up to Family Ties….or a Golden Girls reboot…..Hell Betty could be in it with three new ladies…..and no I don't mean the one on TVLand…LOL

What is Marc Cherry doing?…LOL

• Members

I get it in a way - Craig T. Nelson has spent 6 years on a beloved cult show, and NBC is desperate for comedy hits, especially after the Cosby fiasco. It's just so, as Vee said, random.

I do hope it's a hit - again, if certain people are brought back.

(I would like to see Dawber again too, although I'm always going to be scarred by his terrifying performance as a white supremacist prison guard on Oz)

Considering how crap his Golden Girls material was, I'll say no thanks.

• Members

This is terribly random indeed. A reunion movie? Sure. A SERIES? Dafuq is this, the early 90s? Will they call it The New Coach?

I feel like the original idea was a quirky retired coach attempting to help his son coach a football team, but then hey, isn't Craig T. Nelson now out of a job? Let's make it a Coach sequel.

• Members

Good luck finding four established, working Hollywood actresses dying to be associated with the age range of The Golden Girls!

I can't believe a slew of networks were out there bidding on fuckin' Coach. That's insane. Maybe Models Inc. can come back next. No, actually, I want Millennium.

Archived