March 16-20, 2015: Another New Low For GH in Women 18-49 Viewers

Toups

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well, I'm shocked by these numbers, especially the demos. When there's a very big drop one week, the numbers go up the next week. But not this time. Weird. The only soap to get a bounce back was DAYS.

• Members

GH is pure trash and not in a fun "soapy" way either. No one wants to see a brother and his side piece drugging another brother into a stupor. No one wants to see Tony Geary hamming it up like it's 2005. No one wants to see that walking abortion Spinelli eye-bugging about Miramax.

No one wants to see anything GH is coughing up.

• Members

I am going to remain somewhat optimistic that next week's ratings will be a true gauge of what's really going on. But these ratings are dreadful. I hope B&B will get some love for the "Maya" story and I am enjoying the foolishness on Y&R quite a bit LOL DAYS is just a train wreck that I don't think will be fixed until the new regime starts. As for GH, well I am not totally surprised but I didn't think it would hit a new low. I am going to blame DST.

• Members

The Maya cliffhanger had the highest viewers for the week but not HH but thats not saying much as that happened at the end of the show. What it does tell me is that people have already tuned out because of the Rick story going nowhere after being so good and Brooke and her I need a drink cause I don't have a man story…B&Bs numbers were much higher before this train wreck storytelling began.

Y&R is just ok…not great but not awful….

Only good thing about Days is the gay triangle….

GH…well its trash…has been so a long time and the viewers finally woke up to that fact.

• Members

If people wanted B&B characters to pay for bullying, the show would have been canned when all the stories revolved around Stephanie pimp-smacking 90% of the cast.

I think it's just that many people saw Maya's story as a lurid attempt at shock value - they may have tuned in briefly for fallout, but they moved on, because there's no particular reason to expect B&B to do this any justice. And there are no other stories to garner interest.

• Members

This is what I was expecting. I thought they were going to continue this story and then it was dropped….I don't think Bradley Bell knew how good this story would play out with the audience and he just dropped it. I don't get the purpose of teasing us with the takeover when it went no where…I think the Maya story was done at the wrong time….or shouldn't have been done at all….they had all the momentum with Rick/Maya vs everyone else on the canvas…then poof they bring in Maya's sister….and then we get I know your secret blackmail story followed by the reveal….and we got much more of Brooke and her boring storyline which was promised to us to be different and good…what a lie….

• Members

Not for bullying but for the wrong that Rick did…although Eric is much to blame for not reading the contract…..

As for Maya …there is no talk on it on Twitter anymore…the buzz lasted 1 day and thats all. Bradley Bell should have continued with the Rick/Maya vs everyone….with Rick finally realizing that he loved Caroline….he dumps Maya and she goes ballistic …..because he lied to her and led her on….but that isn't going to happen now.

• Members

This was the big ratings blockbuster for B&B? I watch a couple times a week now...but I'm so tired of the Rick/monster a** CEO storyline. It's like...no one would put up with this. Constant torment of the employees...and the whole takeover storyline just dies. Eric would just sit and watch this happen? Makes no sense. And there's never any ramification for Quinn's actions...it's just exhausting to watch, and I think that's why people are tuning out.

The demos are horrible. GL was cancelled averaging between 580,000 and 620,000 women 18-49. Practically every show is below that now.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived