Betty White to receieve Life Time Acheivement award at this years Daytime Emmys

John

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It actually makes equal sense to give her both a Daytime and Primetime LA award--The first woman to win an Emmy for hosting a game show, the numerous game shows she's appeared on over the years, and of course, her beloved Allen Ludden and Password. This is a good way to honor both of them, actually. I'm happy for her. :)

• Members

It's nice she is getting an award but this seems an odd venue. The achievements of her career came in primetime. She did host 30 years ago this forgettable gameshow where hunky celeb men answered questions, but other than that nothing is coming to mind except her numerous guest spots on game shows. Well, Fannie Flagg did that, as did Charles Nelson Reilly. I guess they just want to do something nice but the emmys should have done this on their primetime show where people would see it and Mary Tyler Moore or someone could present it.

• Members

Not gonna lie, Dorothy was by far my favorite Golden Girl.

And Maude Findlay was one of my heroes when I was 10 years old. No...I'm not kidding. I was riveted whenever I saw her on AITF or her own show. There wasn't another character quite like her (then or now, unfortunately).

Archived