DAYS: More BTS shakeups

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goddamn Dena is hurt in the face. A straight sight for sore eyes.

And IDK why they are getting giddy about Dena and Josh coming back. Josh got burned out at Y&R after a few months and Dena is incompetent. Forget towing the line and being company guy/gal. I'd be speaking out about this sh-t. DAYS should've snagged Sally Sussman Morina, who Y&R dropped for Pratt. She actually wrote for the show during it's golden era and she's a capable writer. More capable than Dena.

But if DAYS was smart, they'd throw all the money in the world at Sheri Anderson & Thom Racina to woo them back.

• Members

Can SSM actually competently HW a show? I don't think she was ever more than story consultant at Y&R, whatever that means. Generations, despite its good intentions, was so amateurish and mind-numbingly awful for most of its run. Spyder Games was even worse, if that's possible.

• Members

Plus, Sally Sussman Morina has head-written for DAYS before. She attempted to follow in JER's footsteps and, IMO, she failed. (This is coming, by the way, from someone who is NOT a JER fan.)

But, yeah, I agree w/ LoyaltoAMC: her track record is not the greatest. She's better than Dena, but so are Hogan Sheffer and Megan McTavish (again, IMO).

I wouldn't object to Sheri Anderson or Thom Racina returning, but I'd much rather see Kay Alden assume the reins and maybe -- just maybe -- attempt to bring DAYS back to the sort of character-driven, psychologically complex drama it was during Bill Bell and Pat Falken Smith's era before the sands run out of the hourglass. I mean, ratings are down, viewers ain't coming back, and NBC and SONY are determined to cancel this show no matter what -- so what do they have to lose? If another miracle occurs and DAYS rebounds once more, then they can take all the credit; and if they don't and the show is cancelled anyway, then at the very least, DAYS can go out on a creative high.

• Members

Diedre is a class act. Happily being the face of the show during all these changes, introducing the new management but also offering goodwill towards Tomlin and Whitsell on their way out. I can't think of another show currently with someone like her. Just imagine Braeden or Melody making these types of comments.

• Members

Before the news hit that Dena would write I kinda knew, as most possibly did, that a writing change was about to happen. I was HOPING and PRAYING that she would write for the very reason you said. That said, I doubt anyone even knows or cares that Bill Bell was even AT DAYS. That said, I doubt even further that nobody was smart enough to make the connection to Alden.

I do wonder though on how a writer like David Jacobs and an EP like Ed Scott would do on a soap like DOOL. KL was a family soap with GREAT psychological intrigue.

This may be a bit OT but I do wonder what any soap would look like with a set up like this:

David Jacobs/Lorraine Broderick/Kay Alden as Co-HW's

Ed Scott/Wendy Riche as co-EP's

• Members

At this point Job Security is a joke on that soap.

I'm surprised the entire cast didn't made a YT video of themselves standing on choir bleachers while singing "We're so fucked" to the tune of "Jingle Bells" when the news was announced.

• Members

Ed Scott has worked on DAYS already. He attempted to improve the show's overall quality -- even with limited funds, I think -- so, of course, he had to go.

David Jacobs has retired from show business -- last I heard, he was teaching film classes at some high school -- and he would probably suck at writing for daytime, anyway. (A nighttime soap is a different animal from a daytime one, as I have learned.)

Lorraine's probably out the door as we speak.

Alden might do a bang-up job, but I think SONY has taken to pretending she doesn't exist.

And Riche is too happy to be away from the circus, IMO, to ever WANT to return.

Archived