DAYS: More BTS shakeups

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What were her responsibilities, what are Meng's, and what does Corday do? Does anyone know? I have a pretty good idea that Rabin, Langan, Tomlin, Meng et all are truly show runners, and Corday is the owner. but I don't know why he needs two EP's.

• Members

Never have been impressed with Albert Alaar; his directing is stale and one note. Not sure why Noel Maxam lost his job; he produced and directed during the writer's strike and the show was watchable after Sheffer's mess. Maxam and Ed Scott gave Days a more romantic look. But change could be good. Lisa didn't add much. The Passions redux on Days is coming to an end.

• Members

yeah: i think they are putting together the final team for the next two years worth of shows. Corday wants Higley back to close out the show and Sony put Griffith there to help. Alaar is Corday's pick. I expect the show will tighten up and be nostalgic and fairly good over the next two years because they are going to stop trying too hard.

• Members
SOAP OPERA DIGEST ANNOUNCES LISA de CAZOTTE OUT AS CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER...REPLACED WITH ALBERT ALARR...JANET SPELLMAN-DRUCKER UPPED TO PRODUCER
10407671_544377622371183_136015800743760
Lisa de Cazotte is out as Co-Executive Producer of "Days of Our Lives." de Cazotte, who was the Executive Producer of "Passions" for its entire run from 1999-2008, joined the "Days" team as Co-EP towards the end of 2011.
The new Co-EP, Albert Alarr, has been with "Days" since 2003, when he first joined the show as a director. He added a Producer title in 2011. He's directed almost 900 episodes of "Days" since 2003. Alarr, 58, was born March 30, 1956.
Janet Spellman-Drucker has been upped to Producer, taking over Alarr's role. She has been the Senior Coordinating Producer on "Days" since 1997. Spellman-Drucker has been with "Days" since 1984, where she first started out as a Production Assistant. She became an Associate Producer in 1989.

• Administrator

Aw. :( If you're a HW, you'd want an EP like her because she won't clash with you on storyline direction. She's a production EP, dealing with the day-to-day operations at the studio. I don't know why she needed to be let go. Anyway, I'll always like and root for Lisa. She's such a nice person.

Archived