B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her talking about her body was my favorite part, especially when she shut down the conversation and how one wouldn't ask cisgender women about this. It reminded me of when Katie Couric had trans activists on her falk show, and she kept focusing the interview on the superficiality of it all, which lead to alot of blow back from activists.

• Members

I was trying to figure out the timeline. Nicole said age 7 was the first memory of Maya she can recall. If she's 18, then that was 11 years ago. Maya said there were things she couldnt do and get till she was 21, which means she's likely 32 now.

So Im assuming Myron ran away from home when he became legal at 18? If so, then Nicole was about 4. I would think at 4 should would recall having a brother but I can see this still working

What I was shocked about was how it seemed Maya's family accepted her change. Like that aunt telling Nicole to say hi to her "sister" and not brother. The fact that their parents went along with the lie instead of completely cutting her off. I know alot would just be in denial and would never accept another family member as the other sex. They really need to cast more members in order to add some weight to this story.

• Members

What was interesting about their first encounter was she said "you looked different then," but I guess she presented as female, so she may have been in the middle of the transition (or maybe had transitioned, but without all the cosmetic surgery). I wonder if they'll try to do flashbacks with KM made up to look different.

I also could've sworn the auntie's name was Caroline, which I found really funny.

• Members

Yes but people can accept something and still not like it. The fact that Maya was allowed around the family as a woman means she wasnt dead to them. Im sure not everyone understood and maybe some wanted nothing to do with her, but at least from the convo, it seemd as if some like that aunt and her mother acknowledged her change and referred to and addressed her as the woman she became

• Members

While I would not say I was disappointed in today's show, I was hoping for more. We did not need the other stories, or at least just have one other story and not two. I do like the fact that Maya kept pounding home the fact that she has always been female no matter what body parts were present. While it's unfortunate that people get hung up over body parts, that's what people associate with gender. I am not sure that will go away any time soon.

• Members

From the way she lit up when she heard that her Aunt Caroline referred to her as Nicole's "sister", made me believe it wasn't something that was commonplace amongst her family. We all have that one relative that is more enlightened than the rest. :lol:

And from the story about Nicole asking about her in the car, it all comes off as not acceptance or tolerance, but rather acknowledging something enough to not have more questions, and change the subject.

• Members

Oh okay. I would as well but Rick and Katie served a purpose as their convo was all about Maya. It set up tomorrow's episode where

See this is why I want her family on. I think showing us how they feel works better than hearing and coming to conclusions on our own. Id love it if Nicole took her back home

• Members

I thought the Maya/Myron Nicole scenes picked up more towards the end.....They are really taking their time but it's a good thing! It looks like we will be getting a cliffhanger every day for this story...

I thought it was touching how Maya said how much happier she felt after she became a woman, but I thought the "Aunt Caroline" part was funny too..

• Members

It was beyond mediocre. The writing as well as the acting (a story such as this is not meant for a mediocre actress)! Last Wednesday, BB dropped one of the best bombs on viewers in the history of Soaps, and after a 4 day wait, they come back with Maya/Nicole as a footnote in the eppy as she calmly talks about her life. Maya should have been horrified that her secret is in the hands of at least one person in her new life! Tears don't equal anguish. When I try to cook and use onions, I'm teary eyed, but it doesn't mean agony. We should have seen Maya's fear, but what did we get after Nicole called her a freak? "Dad called me that". That living room should have been on fire with Maya on the defensive for years of abuse and hiding who she was. A combination of bravado and fear was missing yesterday. We should see Maya pleading with Nicole to keep her mouth shut.

This tells me that BB are saving the horror for once Rick finds out, which means this will be about Rick and not Maya! Not hear for that.

• Members

I liked that Maya didn't immediately get defensive and angry with Nicole and they talked about things. I think it could have come off badly for Maya if she started attacking her sister when it was her that had been hiding her life the whole time. I'm not sure Maya was really expecting Nicole to know this secret. I'm sure she just thought the little twit of a sister was trying to hold something over her that meant nothing and then boom she drops the bomb. Maya probably didn't know how to react right then when caught off guard. Hopefully once it sinks in that, yes, her secret is going to come out to everyone she'll get some of her backbone back.

Archived