Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too. If this is a doppelganger, I don't get it. He and Victor weren't acting like they are in cahoots. Plus Victor is going through all of this just to get Jack away from Phyllis because she is the mother of his adult granddaughter? dry.png WTF!?

• Members

Exactly! Victor has always had a weird relationship with Phyllis -if it was more like the 'old' days with Sharon/Victor, I'd get it. But I'm having a hard time finding anything in the long history between Victor/Phyllis that would justify these extremes. Even revenge on Jack doesn't add up. Just please let it be a personality change type thing - I could buy that. I can't -won't - buy another doppelganger. I accepted Mariah because CG is worth it.

• Members

Going by what's on screen, I would say it is not. Jack knows who Adam is, a doppelganger wouldn't have that info. That doesn't really change the fact that Victor is plotting to separate Jack and Phyllis.

He's willing to drive two women over the edge for a goal that makes absolutely no sense. At all. He doesn't like Phyllis dating Jack because she's the mother of his grandaughter? I just can't even wrap my mind around how stupid that sounds. Summer is 20 years old. It's not like Jack is going to adopt her and keep the Newman's out of her life. You don't like Jack and Phyllis together, wait a month or two and they'll blow up all on their own.

• Members

i was enjoying the Phyllis/Jack/Kelly story for a while when trying to figure out who the true cray-cray was but now I just don't care anymore. Pratt has completely ruined that and I am finding Kelly/Cady annoying again.

The Phyllis/Kyle scenes today were odd...yet part of me was screaming inside for her to cougar him! wub.png

I hope the Adam/Gabriel reveal comes out soon because this is starting to get old.

• Members

I'm kind of torn on this Abby/Austin affair storyline. On the one hand, it's a major cheat on the part of the writers to hold back certain information and just now reveal it. On the other hand, it makes Abby (& Austin by extension) much more interesting a character and even adds a certain degree of complexity to a character that has been vapid for seemingly eons.

The writers could have put in a few scenes of Abby and Austing talking at the coffee house here and there just so at least when the reveal comes in flashback, we could've felt like it didn't completely come out of nowhere, even though it'd still be a stretch.

Seeing Melissa Ordway in this story makes me think she would have paired better with Marco Dapper than Emme Rylan. If only Y&R hadn't invested so much time into Carmine a complete nutjob.

• Members

Did Nikki give up the bottle? I thought she was still off the wagon...

The show is mildly entertaining I suppose. I liked some of what the previous writers were doing like:

And Adam.

Surprisingly, I'm liking the Austin fallout stuff. Today was pretty good for that story

You always have good thoughts on story. Maybe they're listening? Hmm. Lol

There were parts of Neil's verbal assault on Devon that were played very well. Other parts were bad. At the beginning of each scene, I was wondering which way it was going to go from KSJ.

IMO there's been no huge improvement in the stories. You still have to overlook a lot of holes in them, just like the last.

• Members

I actually feel bad for the Bug, I'm expecting her to have a miscarriage which sucks cause I think after all these years that character deserves a child. Neil is a mess and I hope he gets all the blame for the carwreck.

I like the Abby and Austin scenes, again, they could have told all of this without killing him off.

Really not feeling NuKyle or his Chad Duell haircut. The way he's been incorporated into this story is so sloppy.

• Members

Thanks.wub.png I actually meant, though, that I wish they'd have shown those scenes like months in advance--like dropping breadcrumbs. If we'd seen those scenes months ago, we would have thought nothing of it but show them again after the reveal and they'd have taken on a new perspective.

KSJ has done the best work that I've seen him do in ages in those scenes at the bar, even though I thought it was silly for Neil to demand that Lily leave him alone when he's sitting in her workplace making a spectacle of himself. What happened to the dive bar that he usually frequents?

Since Neil is such a lover of the truth and all, is he going to fess up immediately that his hands were also on the wheel when the car sped into Christine? Or is he going to let Nikki go down by herself? If he keeps his trap shut, he can no longer throw stones at Cane. Since he claims that he has no one, he would only be protecting himself, I gues.

• Members

I'm on the fence about Kyle too and you're right about the way they have "cut and pasted" him into things. He's definitely not givin me the recast vibes like JH or GT did, but not as bad as Burgess' Billy.

This would have been much better, you're right. This ties into what detroit was saying too (I think), that if they really wanted to kill off Austin, for whatever reason, they could have spent some time setting this story up first.

Archived