Stunts that Chuck Pratt Pulled that you will never forgive him or made you hate him

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Emily was dying of breast cancer. She pushed her husband Zander away for his own good. She fell in love with Nik, who became her dream prince, and was the only reason she went into remission.

Awful trash.

• Members

What sucks is that having Emily fight cancer could have been good though. I mean, if they took it seriously. They could have used it as a way to inform viewers on contemporary approaches such as the natural route (I forgot the name of it) along with explaining/revealing the effectiveness of the different forms of treatment.

• Members

That was one of the worst stories and once again highlighted what a repulsive slug Emily was. This poor shlep Zander marries her on her deathbed to make her happy because he honestly loves her, and she gets maybe a kiss tops from Nik and she is insta cured and ready to dump Zander. So being the fine human being that she is, she dumps him on her best friend Liz (who consequently gets pregnant from a guy who doesn't love her) he goes insane, and then he is killed. La la la, she and her !@#$%^&*] prince don't care about anybody and decide they are true love and everyone else will be destroyed to facilitate that love.

Pratt had other GH hits. Wasn't it he who turned Courtney into a stripper, had AJ stage Michael's death. and then Michael kill AJ? And wasn't it him who had Sonny strangling 80 year old Edward? And wasn't it him who had Luke stage some sort of murder telethon or something for Stefan (when Stefan wasn't wandering caves like Phantom of The Opera)?

• Members

Was it him who had Emily drive Mary insane to the point she turned into a murderer and killed Sage? I swear, Emily on any other show would have been the main villainess/bitch. I had to stop watching but when I read that she was going to be attacked by Connor I had to tune in to see if maybe he would please kill her. For all his faults, soaps opera history is greatly indebted to Diego, who eventually got the honor of killing her.

• Members

Then there was Courtney jumping in freezing cold water, far away from shore, while pregnant, which led her to a miscarriage and being barren (not for good, unfortunately). I remember seeing all the fans who were so happy she was barren and I kept thinking about how, between this and all the Emily stuff mentioned above, I'd rarely seen such consistently vile writing for women who were supposed to be heroines.

• Members

I was happy she was barren too!

The worst part is, Pratt and Guza firmly believed Courtney, Carly and Emily were the primary heroines of the show. Everything at that time was done to valorize them.

Archived