Arrow/Flash spin off in the works

dragonflies

• Members

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh),Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrowcharacter Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This sounds like an odd hodgepodge.

Ray Palmer hasn't had the response from fans that they may have expected (at least in things like those stupid Twitter trends - apparently everything but The Atom trended last night from that show), while Caity Lotz seemed to be more popular than they'd anticipated. Amell and Garber seemed popular, but Amell already failed as a lead on one show - will he have any better luck this time around?

It's an interesting idea, I guess.

• Members

it's an interesting mix of characters, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how they might interact. some kind of justice league as a counterpoint to the league of assassins? I think there's also a real danger of them spreading themselves too thin and ending up as one huge trainwreck. though I'd happily wave bye-bye to Atom/Routh on Arrow. hell, I'd throw a friggin' party. I think Routh has zero personality.

Archived