Characters you thought would never return...but did

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely never believed Kathy Beale would return from the dead on Eastenders. That's almost an incentive to start finding some way, any way to watch the current show again. Now let's really try to do the impossible and bring back Michelle Fowler.

Honorary mentions: Andrea Evans as Tina on OLTL, Echo DiSavoy (totally obscure), and yes, Roger Howarth's Todd Manning. I never believed Ron Carlivati would invalidate his own (ruinous) work on that character, or that a "Two Todds" saga would ever happen. I also never believed A.J. would return on GH, but we know what happened there.

• Members

I honestly thought Angie and Jesse would remain an important page in the AMC history book before they came back and became their generation's Joe and Ruth (as much as the hideous writing they sometimes had to deal with would allow them to, at least). Other AMCers: Jeff Martin, Leo in ghost form, Daisy and Nina for Palmer's funeral.

I'd love to include some ATWT people, but wow, they really didn't bring a whole lot of people back during the last 5-10 years. John Dixon is the main one, and JM's Frannie. I guess I was surprised to see Mike and Ben during that bizarre Jack story that looked like a season of Route 66.

• Members

OLTL--Gabrielle, either time really. From what I understand, every single EP after she left in 1991 tried to get her back (and IIRC, Paul Rauch did NOT want her to go when she first left, either--and given that Andrea Evans had left the year before and Jessica Tuck would soon be gone herself, why would he?), but it took Gary Tomlin to actually make it happen. And even if her 2012 return could have been better (understatement, to say the least), I cannot put into words the joy I felt the day I found out she was coming back. I was over the moon.

Max in 2007 for Asa's funeral. That one was the most pleasant surprise for me. I went back to OLTL for those three episodes before returning full time a few months later. If he had come back for the end, y'all would've had to revive me! laugh.png

GL--Phillip. I got the impression that GA had burned a few bridges when he left in 2004, so him coming back was a nice surprise for me.

Archived