Monique claims she was "blackballed"

alphanguy74

• Members
Yep. And that's what makes her entire situation so sad.

Ah well, there's always J'Caryous and David E. Talbert to fall back on. Not to mention those crumby, low-budget, grade-Z flicks that always turn up on Netflix and Crackle.

Almost forgot: there's also Russ Parr. That clown will hire just about anybody.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She told Don Lemon (CNN) that she was paid $50,000 for Precious. She said she'd planned to spend time with her family when she was asked to go to Paris to promote the movie. They offered her a hotel room and she declined. They asked what it would take for her to go and she asked for airfare for her and her family and they told her they don't pay for travel but they would get the hotel and according to her, that was the extent of her demands.

• Members
The role Sidibe plays was supposed to a boyish looking white girl with less lines. Lee Daniels offered it to her if she wanted and expanded it. I honestly don't think Monique was ever offered anything more than an appearance, IF that.

• Members

Isn't she kind of promoting an indie film these days? It may already be out or sometime soon, I'm not quite sure.

Also, I understand that she will be playing Ma Rainey in that Queen Latifah starred biopic about Bessie Smith. This actually sounds pretty interesting.

• 2 years later...

Archived