GH: AMC actress joining show

• Members

I wasn't really a fan of AMC in her Leo hey-days. I did return to AMC in mid-2004 though.

I do think she had a chemistry issue with her male co-stars on AMC. She didn't really have great chemistry with any of them after Leo. [i didn't see it with Leo either in the times I would peak at AMC]. She didn't do vulnerability well in general in the years I watched except attached to the big reveals. With or without vulnerability, she did the big reveals really well in terms of just going for the jugular with Greenlee as she's taking someone down.

I think she's good at playing a bitch. Not a anti-heroine really, not someone the writers are telling you to love or else ... just a bitch. Someone you hate or love to hate.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought she actually showed chemistry with Josh--which they tested for about 2 episodes (I think they were trapped in an elevator at the hospital,) before just putting her back with Ryan. Yawn.

I actually admit I am a fan--but I agree that she completely zones out whenever the material is not there or is too silly and.... well umm that's all GH is right now. Even at his best, she's not really suited to RC's writing.

• Members

I actually don't think she is soulless. There were flashes of good to great acting on her side during her revolving door returns as Greenlee during AMC's last decade, the problem was it seemed like the writing staff never really understood who they wanted Greenlee to be. Look no further then the Sabine mess.

I agree that she is a harder actress, but I think the best show case of her abilities was when she was aggressive. She excelled in big climaxes and reveals and had a talent for big dramatic soap stories. She was always one who could do a good show stopper and her initial run on AMC from around 97/98-2005 was the best highlight her talents have ever seen. I would say the surrogacy reveal with her, Ryan and Kendell was a highlight for her, as was the reveal that Jackson was her father. She was really good at playing the role Sami played on Days of going for the drama and really sticking it to other people for how they wronged her. I like the comparison that said she was a younger version of Liza.

Yeah, exactly this. She was always great in confrontational scenes and would wipe the floor with literally everyone she was pit against in the fusion crew. She could always give a good trouncing.

• Members

I agree with this. Obviously RB is one of those actor that make me lose all sense of perspective. but bitchy Greenlee going in on Becca or Bianca or Babe were the only times I felt like she was a good fit. I also found her tolerable with David/VI in her return but by then I was sick to death of her that tolerating her was the best I could do.

And I will never, NEVER forgive ABC for tying her last return to the return of Angie and Jesse. Even now the thought of that just...

• Members

I think one of the reasons why Greenlee was hard to identify with was because towards the end of her run she had everything she ever wanted. So there was no real reason to sympathize with her. Back when she had Becca, Gillian, Bianca and to a lesser extent early Kendell to fight against she was in a much better place to have the audience root for her -- because there was some conflict that kept her in check. But towards the end she had no one to bring her down to make her a relatable figure. I actually do think Greenlee was a sympathetic figure, more so during her earlier days, but by 2005 that goodwill had all but dried up and it never returned with her subsequent returns.

• Members

I always thought Alicia and Rebecca were the two extremes of Erica. Neither could combine it like Lucci therefore neither was really worthy of following in her footsteps. Rebecca the hard business type, Alicia the soft man-eater type.

I think Rebecca's grandfather or some relative is a major player in P&G and that's probably why ABC tends to over do it when they have RB. I don't blame her for it. It's ABCD's choice.

The Jackson reveal and the surrogacy reveal were definitely highlights in terms of energy. Like I said, girl was top notch in those types of reveals.

This is the episode that really made me say goodbye to DAYS and return to AMC on the full-time. I wanted to kill her but dayum...

• Members

Gawd …Cameron Mathison sure is one s hitty actor.

There was two guards in the courtroom and it took them for Greenlee to rip Kendall's dress before they did anything to sustain Greenlee….LOL…even then some of this stuff was a mess….but it was good drama minus the obvious..lol

• Members

I agree, although I would say I think Rebecca was a better dramatic actress than Lucci ever was, honestly. Alicia was always at her best as a romantic lead, she kind of fell apart as a dramatic actress though. Rebecca was the Alison Sweeney of All My Children.

• Members

IDA with the AS/RB comparison in the wider window view. In the beginning? Sure, the young vixen trouble maker period. In the middle through the end? Not really, AS became the heart of her show and that's because she was able to become a somewhat softer actress as Sami got older. She was being given a lot of drama and hitting the beats of the story turns in terms of acting and chemistry. RB/Greenlee and that entire 30-40 group were sort of enforced on us like drunks who just won't get kicked out of a bar in that middle through end period. RB was typically phoning it in as she was shackled to Ryan most of her stay at AMC.

She was like a lion that smelled raw meat or blood though. I don't think they could have stopped her if they tried. The blood thirst, dayum.

Archived